Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked the same question in the Summer, but at 28 it made some sense, and we had yet to see him this season. After seeing him this season, and 6 months on, it makes less sense. Some people still think RVP was a success at Utd, and he gave them 1 season. Utd are giving Sanchez a 4 1/2 year contract at aged 29 when his legs have gone. I don't object to the money. I object to any club with Champions League and title ambitions making a move for a player when he's got little left to give.

28 isn't particularly old. Some players are still going strong in their 30s. vardy is still super quick in his 30s. But Sanchez is not one of those players. He has the quality to play deeper and maybe that's where Utd will end up playing him, but I am very relieved he's not coming here. It would have wrecked our future development.
I thought that would be the plan for us - taking a bit of the strain off Kev, with the added bonus that he could play as a striker or wide if we were desperate. I think that flexibility would have been ideal for us. For United, I'm not sure. Better dribbler than Rooney but not as good a passer, but basically a player who's having to be played in a new role because he's no longer as capable of playing the old one. Fat contract, playing deeper and deeper until he disappears in 3.5 to 4 years?

He and his agent are holding out for more money or he will say he has had a change of heart and sign for us lol!

Looks like his debut will be against Yeovil.

I wonder if the commentator will mention that Sanchez is earning more than the entire Yeovil Football club and all of its fans?

Of course, I say 'earning' but I actually meant 'fleecing the rags for'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.