Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, no idea what wenger was thinking, tbf we had andre santos when we gave gibbs a new contract, i'm more concerned how walcott is stealing a fucking living, Yeh i've been mugged into getting another ST by the misses, if sanchez were to go, lacazette would soften the blow, as long as we accompany him with someone like lemar / mahrez.

Lacazette and Mahrez (think he's the more likely) would be an upgrade for you guys on just Sanchez in my opinion and the Sanchez sale would pay for Lacazette and start the fund for Mahrez. Sanchez is obviously the better player but selling him for two decent players is probably worth it in your guys position. If it's just Lacazette for Sanchez then your management are short changing you.

We are the opposite, we have a lot of decent attacking players, some with the potential to be World Class (by that I mean up there with the very best) but we also need World Class like Sanchez now to try and win the League/Champions League.

If stuff like this is true:

'The Gunners are trying to tie Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil to new contracts at the Emirates but, should they be successful, they could breach the short term cost control (STCC) measures which restrict teams to £7million increases in total salaries each season.

Fresh deals for Sanchez and Ozil alone would take Arsenal's wage bill well beyond those restrictions, should both agree terms on £280,000-per-week contracts'

Then any decent size signing they make, means the possibility they could keep both players, even if Sanchez wanted to stay, is zero, unless they can get some big wages off the books.

Not sure who else they could sell, to balance that.
That rule does look like absolute bollocks to be quite honest. If Arsenal can afford to increase the wages then they shouldn't be stopped from doing so imo. Don't get me wrong it's hilarious that it's affecting Arsenal after their whining about other clubs' (ours basically) finances over the years and presumably they will have been one of the clubs gleefully pushing this kind of rule through?

That rule does look like absolute bollocks to be quite honest. If Arsenal can afford to increase the wages then they shouldn't be stopped from doing so imo. Don't get me wrong it's hilarious that it's affecting Arsenal after their whining about other clubs' (ours basically) finances over the years and presumably they will have been one of the clubs gleefully pushing this kind of rule through?

Yep that Gill the **** for you fast tracking these premier league ffp rules in last ditch effort to stop us!

It's obviously to prevent 'another City' as our wage bill must have like doubled after 2008 and of course we didn't increase our revenues by that time and were in huge losses. So I think it's only normal if a City fan feels the way you do, but then again as you said, it's Arsenal so in this very case let's just laugh our asses off. :)

The whole ffp idea in the Prem, was requested under their leadership.

The whole ffp idea in the Prem, was requested under their leadership.

It would be a beautiful irony if FFP came to bite them on the arse. I'd probably set up camp outside Matt Scott's house just to laugh in his face every single morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.