Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be a beautiful irony if FFP came to bite them on the arse. I'd probably set up camp outside Matt Scott's house just to laugh in his face every single morning.

Ffs don't you post in here at this stage, you gave me a fucking heart attack...'Alexis thread, hmm...fuckin el, Ric has posted, the deal is fucking do... eh, oh ffs' :-D

Nope. The silly front office was all about Mangala. Unfortunately so was most of the fandom :(
We were in for him when he went to Barca. That was the optimal time to sign him. He has been one of the best players in Europe. I feel he may have peaked but obviously still a very good player. The Lacazette deal and the stories coming out from Arsenal knocking his image make me think this is happening. Maybe the Arsenal stories questioning his team play are more based on what they think is going to happen, than a deliberate attempt to prepare Arsenal fans for the worst? I suspect most of them will think he's going to get sold anyway. When a player enters the last year of his contract and falls out with his team mates (rumoured training ground bust up), then it makes sense to sell.

Still awkward, but if Lacazette signs then the deal gets closer. Not sure what to make of these reports that Arsenal are close to breaching the wages cap. Could that help swing this?

I'd like Kieron Gibbs too! Arsenal got an outstanding group of players, but it's their collective mentality - stemming from the manager - that needs changing. Maybe selling Sanchez would oddly lift them. They need to play every game to win but so often they just coast, and only play when they are 2-0 down and there's 20 mins to go. Conte would have made them Champions.

We still do, more than we 'need' Sanchez imo.

We do as Vinny's fitness cannot be relied upon unfortunately. When we signed Bernado I thought "well we are not getting Sanchez then".

If we get all our mooted targets then our options going forward are staggering. Best squad we have complied.

Thats without Mbappe, who i do not think we will get and dont think we need. If we use those funds assigned to him and get a new CB then thats the icing on the cake.

No excuse for not winning two trophies next season imo.

We do as Vinny's fitness cannot be relied upon unfortunately. When we signed Bernado I thought "well we are not getting Sanchez then".

If we get all our mooted targets then our options going forward are staggering. Best squad we have complied.

Thats without Mbappe, who i do not think we will get and dont think we need. If we use those funds assigned to him and get a new CB then thats the icing on the cake.

No excuse for not winning two trophies next season imo.
We need 4 centre backs, and can only fit 4 in the squad. Our centre back problem is if Kompany doesnt play then not only do we need a replacement for him, we need somebody that can have his influence on his partner. Stones will look fine next to Vinnie, but not next to Otamendi or Kolarov. The trick will be replacing Otamendi or Kolarov with not only a better centre back but a centre back that can marshall Stones, maybe having Alves around will help him though.
From those we have been linked to not sure which is best for that job.

We needed a CB, plain and simple. FFP dictated the purse strings and we would have been top heavy. Unfortunately it did not work out with Eli.
Not really. We had Komps, MDM, and Nastasic. We did not 'need' a CB any more than we did a game changer.

We lost Lescott a backup at CB and Negredo do a starter at striker. It was just a period of tunnel vision, that you couldn't get folks to see what was in front of their eyes.

The claim of being top heavy, couldn't have been further from the truth. It was no surprise we went strikerless for 6 weeks early in that season. Sanchez was the right choice then, we simply murked it up then.

FFP should havE caused us to ignore a want on defense for a want in attack. Because the attacker was a far better and more impact player.

Not really. We had Komps, MDM, and Nastasic. We did not 'need' a CB any more than we did a game changer.

We lost Lescott a backup at CB and Negredo do a starter at striker. It was just a period of tunnel vision, that you couldn't get folks to see what was in front of their eyes.

The claim of being top heavy, couldn't have been further from the truth. It was no surprise we went strikerless for 6 weeks early in that season. Sanchez was the right choice then, we simply murked it up then.

FFP should havE caused us to ignore a want on defense for a want in attack. Because the attacker was a far better and more impact player.

Disagree, but ok.

Nasty has been used sparingly and was not an established/ trusted starter from the previous campaign. MDM was getting on a bit at that point and offered depth to the squad.

I dont think that this, with Kompany , who hadnt managed 30 premier league starts the two seasons prior to that, was enough. I can see why another CB was prioritized.

I dont see how you can ignore defense. Scoring goals was not an issue the previous season - didnt we score 150 odd?

Defense had to be the priority especially with Lescott leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.