Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way Arsenal will sell Sanchez to us and really don't think his attitude is right for us anyway - his contract situation has overshadowed Arsenals season. Pep is building a real togetherness in our squad that has been lacking for some time. We will need to chose our recruits carefully and I'm not sure Sanchez fits the bill in terms of age or attitude. He certainly has ability but I think Pep is looking to build something truly great with very high quality young players. I hope we keep Aguero and give Sanchez a miss - let him go to Juve.

I agree,, more important than any one man is order.

In purely footballing terms I think he'd be perfect for us and up until fairly recently I had a feeling (and hoped) we would get him this summer. Just don't see it now though for various reasons. Jesus has hit the ground running, Sergio seems to be responding to the challenge, Sane and Sterling both look great, Arsenal will do everything they can to make sure he doesn't come to us and supposedly he has his heart set on going back to Italy. And that's before you even factor in his attitude at times this season. Part of me thinks he'd have a better attitude with us, surrounded by better players but then if we don't improve defensively next season I could see him getting frustrated and doing his nut again. Just doesn't feel right anymore to me.

Pep mentioned in his OS interview that most of our summer signings will be young, but we might sign someone in the summer who is older "28 or 29", so you never know.

Pep mentioned in his OS interview that most of our summer signings will be young, but we might sign someone in the summer who is older "28 or 29", so you never know.
It must be the best feeling in the world when your manager thinks mostly like you do.

I love hearing Pep saying things I've been arguing for for years :-)

He's been professional when on the pitch and has everything we need. 17 goals and 9 assists doesn't scream unprofessional to me, it says he's fed up of only aiming for top 4 and being out of everything by March. If the price is right, I say get him.

It must be the best feeling in the world when your manager thinks mostly like you do.

I love hearing Pep saying things I've been arguing for for years :-)

Indeed, but you just wait and see the reaction here when Pep sanctions a new three-year deal for Kolarov. :-)

If Sergio was to leave then he would be a great signing for us.

Sanchez
Sane Sterling

That would scare the shit out of any defence.

Sanchez would play second fiddle to Gabriel Jesus and I don't think he'd like that at this point in his career. Of course we need more than three players for those three positions but he's been in a similar situation at Barca and ended up leaving to be top dog at another club.

For those reasons (and the several arms and legs Arsenal would demand for him) I'd have to say I'd be more than content if we passed up the opportunity to sign him.

A happy Sanchez would be a terrific player for any club in the world but we've got three youngsters who are tearing it up now and could easily go on to be a level above his. An unhappy Sanchez looks like someone who blames everyone but himself - sometimes correctly - and a total morale sapper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.