Alexis Sanchez

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by MegaBlue, 3 May 2016.

1. pudge

pudge

Why would I take age, and therefore potential, out of it when you're talking about swapping the players?

2. johnmc

johnmc

At Sterlings age Sanchez signed for Barca. He was coming off the back of a 1 in 3 goal season for Udinese. Since then he is a 1 in 2 game player and isn't an out and out striker. Sterling thus far is a 1 in 5 goal player. Sanchez also has more assists.

If you ask me who I would want given the choice between the two in the team for the next 4/5 years it would be Sanchez.

Sterling is great and improving but I do not see him improving to Sanchez type numbers.

3. cibaman

cibaman

That should only apply if just one club wanted to buy him, or if he insisted that he would only sign for one particular club. He's a player that will be in demand. If City offer £30m for him another club will offer £35m, because at £35m he would represent much better value than other players of similar ability. Another club will then offer £40m....

4. citizens_1976

citizens_1976

If you are talking about Sanchez, why wouldn't you?

Guarentees goals, fantastic player, very good work ethic, plays the pep way, high intensity, strong mentality. The man is a winner.

5. steviemc

steviemc

Musician
    Very good player, but can't see the team role for him. I'm not convinced he would be a player that Pep would want in his system at all.

6. johnmc

johnmc

You can't see him playing in peps system?

7. Tugay One Cup

Tugay One Cup

Cristiano Ronaldo is better than Sterling but I wouldn't trade him for Navas.

We're trying to build a world class team, not a collection of world class players. Sanchez seems like a proper pain in the arse when he's not getting his own way.

8. Dax777

Dax777

Wait! Why wouldn't you trade Ronalso for Navas?

9. kun

kun

Tevez, Balotelli, Nasri, even Yaya are pains when not getting their own way. They have more trophies and titles than Kelechi, Sinclair, Delph and Nastasic who cause 0 problems off the field. If you want to win shit you need talent.

P.S. You seriously wouldn't swap Ronaldo for Navas?

10. KCblue

KCblue

Still think Alexis is likely off to either Juve, PSG, or Bayern. Also not sure that's a bad thing as Sanchez seems like a twat when things aren't going his way.