'Alfie's army' Alder hey protest

Can you believe this shit.

Yes.

You're missing one thing - they think they're right.

Put yourself in their shoes. In their eyes, a young and innocent boy has been sentenced to execution by the State against the wishes of his parents.

If I truly believed that then I'd be stood next to them and I presume you and most other Bluemooners would too.

They're wrong but they don't know this. If you forget that fact then their behaviour makes sense. I'll remind you that on another thread, it is a commonly held opinion that the UK Government has purposely and actively discriminated against some Afro-Caribbean immigrants from 70 years ago in order to kick a small number of black people out of the country in the largest case of electoral suicide in history. Purposely, actively and directly. Have sat down in meetings and passed memos to each other with "kick out the darkies" and such stuff attached to it. When your outrage culture outweighs your critical thinking then you end up with stupid opinions. These people have all got their own NHS conspiracies that are just as real and just as stupid.

Didn’t it kick off the other week outside the hospital and some of the poor lads ‘supporters’ were harnessing staff and visitors

It is appalling behaviour but sadly not much these Scouse low lives do surprises me anymore. What did they expect to achieve?
There are other very poorly children in that hospital with worried families and busy medical professionals looking after them. They do not need a mob of baying dribblers in tracksuits causing a pointless affray outside the doors. I note also that this mob of morons actually forgot to bring along their mobile life support machine, unless they brought so many extension leads that they left it by the bus stop.

I’ve been in the horrible position of having to agree to my child’s life support system being turned off so I’m in more of a position to judge than most. Even then, I’m not going to judge the parents over that because I’m not in their shoes. My daughter had been starved of oxygen and had suffered a cardiac arrest during the birth. She was incapable of breathing on her own or maintaining a heartbeat without cardiac massage so it was an awful but straightforward decision. I also have friends who had a boy who had something called Tay Sachs Disease, which is a degenerative neurological condition seemingly not dissimilar to the one Alfie has. He got progressively worse and died when he was 5 years old. It wasn't a pleasant pathway either. So I suspect that poor young boy hasn't any realistic prospect of having any sort of life that doesn't involve an early death. There's no known cure for his condition, which they're not even sure about, but there's a potential treatment that could possibly prolong his life for a short while.

Having been there, a part of me obviously has sympathy for the parents for the pain they're going through but another, far larger part of me thinks “What are you hoping to gain from this? Let it go”. Yet if they think there’s a hope of salvaging something then I also think that Alder Hey should say “Fine. If that’s what you want to do then do it. Let the Italian doctors come to get him and then he’s their and your responsibility”. Who are they doing this for - Alfie or themselves? I suspect it's the latter. Sometimes, however much it hurts, you have to listen to advice that may not be what you want to hear.

But no way should their supporters be impacting normal life at Alder Hey. That's completely out of order & I've lost all respect for the parents, who seem to be encouraging this, whether implicitly or explicitly. I can understand them wanting the best for their child but not completely abandoning their dignity to pursue that.

Scum the lot of them do they not realise there are other children in there dying do they need this shit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.