Alfons Groenendijk

pirate

I have a business trip to the Hague and thought I might catch a game so looked at Den Haags games and who should be managing them but our erstwhile winger / crap footballer.

Listen mate don’t worry about packing a tin opener - if you’ve got a tin of peas you want to eat then Alfons’s left foot will open it for you

I thought he'd died for a minute when I saw the title... then I realised it wasn't a thread started by Ric so I relaxed again.

I always remember James H Reeve joking about Peter Reid by saying " whilst we were busy strengthening our squad with the likes of Alfons Groenendijk "!

Was alright wasn't he as far as I can remember, well for the standard we had in those days.
9 League games, no goals and I can't remember any assists or even a decent pass either so no he wasn't alright. Even Kernaghan managed to bag a spectacular goal at that time despite being shite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.