[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p909bAeYAk[/youtube]

Absolute genius.

Re: ALI BERNABIA

Can anybody believe that he only played 9 times for Algeria?? RIDICULOUS

Bongo Joe said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p909bAeYAk[/youtube]

Absolute genius.

Still to this day, I don't know how he got that ball off the floor! Amazing player.

One of my favourite players of all time too!

Used to love when he took a corner at the Platt Lane end and everyone would should Ali, Ali, Ali!

Which game was it where he had his front tooth knocked out, looked for it on the floor, shrugged his shoulders, smiled and carried on with the match?

Cracking player. Had awesome vision and his style complimented berkovics game. 6-2 at hillsborough has to be a highlight. Before the game my dad had been telling me about the midweek match at Coventry and how our game is ultra attacking. Didn't quite believe him until I saw it with my own eyes.

kippaxchris said:
I remember his debut against Birmingham and nobody had a clue who he was and he had only trained with the team for 1 afternoon session and he ripped sh*t up during the match and got 3 assists i think! I remember seeing the line up and asking my dad who is he!
I remember that game too, was in Gene Kelly 2. Actually it was at that game I found out the then Mrs P was pregnant with my daughter who is now 10. Fuck, time is flying by. Some of the best football i've seen that season, probably since the Horton days with Beagrie, Walsh and Quinn. Was that just after 9/11?

John Collins was doing an interview on TS a few weeks ago, and he was saying that when at Monaco Benarbia was one of the best players he's ever seen.

Ray78 said:
He was originally on his way to Sunderland for a trial, stopped of at our training ground and we hijacked the move. One of my favourite players at the time.

I thought he'd been to Sunderland but Peter Reid couldn't make up his mind and asked him to return for another, to me that is as bad a Trevor Francis telling Eric Cantona that he can't sign him until he's seen him play on grass, after an indoor trial.

oakiecokie said:
black mamba said:
He only hung up his boots in 2006 ...... and considering Benarbia wasn't really here that long he made one hell of an impression , really good player.

He scored something like 11 goals in around 70 games for us , but he's 43 now and that particular 'dog' has had his day , as they say .....

25fm5fq.jpg

Ah that wonderful shirt with our sponsors name EIDOS !!
Eleven
Idiots
Dreaming
Of
Success.
Well it was in those days.

dreams come true in blue.

kippaxchris said:
I remember his debut against Birmingham and nobody had a clue who he was and he had only trained with the team for 1 afternoon session and he ripped sh*t up during the match and got 3 assists i think! I remember seeing the line up and asking my dad who is he!

That was one of only three games I got to that season, as I spent most of it in Germay and France as part of my degree course.

It was a fantastic debut and Ali had us drooling after only a few minutes.

Brilliant player and just imagine him supplying the ammo for Kun, Carlos et al?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.