Ali Benarbia

He was an African 33 year old when he came to play for us from PSG.. A Brilliant player and instant success.. KK couldn't believe his luck as he cost No fee!... Everyone said he won't be able to play with Berkovic but he proved them all wrong and was the best player to grace Maine Rd since Kinky.... Great to see him at the game today.. Hope he can make all our home games as he is our Lucky charm!

He was amazing for us and one of my favourite all time players

But we got him towards the end of his career just imagine how good he was in his absolute prime

I think he was French footballer of the year a number of times and that was when Zidane was about as well

Ali was great for us, will never forget his display in the 2- 6 at Sheff Wednesday, when one player, Wanchope I think, said something along the lines of "Ali sees us before we see ourselves".
As others have said the back heel to the Goat at Gillingham was out of this world.
Recall him losing a tooth in a home game but just carried on playing.
Much of his football was just sublime and a joy to watch. A proper player.

And the Gillingham fans behind the goal clapped when the ball hit the net!

My son's hero.
Seeing him play in the flesh was an absolute privilege; he was head and shoulders the most gifted on the pitch, a true artist of the game.

From after we turned 'shit' until we fell very lucky Ali was by far the best player to play for us.

His debut V Birmingham was a sign of how good he was, seemed like he just turned up for the game and pointed to players to move into space....The rest is history.

Kinky was the other stand out player from the bleak times but Ali is the only player who would get a game and be a star in our current team.

From after we turned 'shit' until we fell very lucky Ali was by far the best player to play for us.

His debut V Birmingham was a sign of how good he was, seemed like he just turned up for the game and pointed to players to move into space....The rest is history.

Kinky was the other stand out player from the bleak times but Ali is the only player who would get a game and be a star in our current team.

There were three stand out players for us that I've seen over the decades - CB, AB and GK! When the first two played I thought we couldn't lose. With GK yer'd see a wonderful player who just didn't have the others around him.

There were three stand out players for us that I've seen over the decades - CB, AB and GK! When the first two played I thought we couldn't lose. With GK yer'd see a wonderful player who just didn't have the others around him.
It is true that our players used to stand and watch Kinky as they didn't know what to do/how to support him but he didn't help them either, as I posted Ali turned up and took control telling the players where to go.

He was one hell of a player. Might be my memory playing tricks on me, but I'm sure he even made it into The Times' Team of the Year in his first season despite only playing in the First Division.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.