Ali Benarbia

From after we turned 'shit' until we fell very lucky Ali was by far the best player to play for us.

His debut V Birmingham was a sign of how good he was, seemed like he just turned up for the game and pointed to players to move into space....The rest is history.

Kinky was the other stand out player from the bleak times but Ali is the only player who would get a game and be a star in our current team.
He hadn't even trained with the team either before that Birmingham game

Great to see ali on the pitch yesterday.
I wonder if they could get gio out there.
I thino a bit of wee would come out if they did

From after we turned 'shit' until we fell very lucky Ali was by far the best player to play for us.

His debut V Birmingham was a sign of how good he was, seemed like he just turned up for the game and pointed to players to move into space....The rest is history.

Kinky was the other stand out player from the bleak times but Ali is the only player who would get a game and be a star in our current team.

I saw his début against Brum, too.

And although he wasn't match-fit - he only played for around an hour, IIRC - it was obvious to all present on that night, what a wonderful talent we had signed.

Fantastic fortune for City that Sunderland rejected Ali.

Not sure how we got him as he was French footballer of the year 2 years before he signed for us, but fair play to Keegan it was a master stroke high jacking him from a trial at Sunderland

I saw his début against Brum, too.

And although he wasn't match-fit - he only played for around an hour, IIRC - it was obvious to all present on that night, what a wonderful talent we had signed.

Fantastic fortune for City that Sunderland rejected Ali.
They didn't. He never made it to Sunderland. He stopped off at city on the way to visit an ex team mate, (the French guy who got DVT on the way to pompey away) trained with us and signed there and then.

I listen to him fairly regularly as a commentator on French radio (RMC). Always calm, pertinent and intelligent, and often puts in a good word for City. Also obviously feels a degree of nostalgia for Maine Rd, where he says the atmosphere was often fanstastic.

A wonderful little player.

Iirc he was captain of Monarco under Wenger & French POTY twice. Wenger wrote a two page appreciation of Ali in the Arsenal programme when we played them at Highbury.......Ali got sent off for swearing!!

I wish we'd have had him at 23.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.