All New Syria Thread

I've only referenced this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Liberty_incident and it's pretty clear the US is Israel's first ally to call on and they'd be more than willing to respond to defence of Israel. I wouldn't say we would definitely, but it's very likely the U.K. would follow, which would probably mean NATO support too. So yes it does bear resemblance to both historic events and reality.

Egypt and Iran (which could include other middle eastern support) facing a lonely Israel - I wouldn't bet on Israel. Maybe not so easy to say in current circumstances, but if Egypt and Iran had spent time preparing well for it.
So where's the bit about the US nearly nuking Cairo?

In fact, what's the USS Liberty got to do with assisting Israel when it was a survey ship and the USA were neutral during that war.

Last edited:
Ctrl + F, search Cairo on that page and all your questions will be answered padawan.

EDIT: I was coming from the perspective that the new state of Israel was effectively created by the UK and US through the UN and would naturally come to defence of Israel were it ever threatened (obviously the US has a lot of business with Israel too and seem to have much stronger relations than anyone else with them which is why I'd expect they'd be their first ally) however I didn't know until just now that there was quite a lot of fracas between the UK and jewish groups prior to that. It seems we (the U.K.) might not be as much friends as I thought with them.

Just looking at maps of the UN plan that created modern Israel and their settlement expansion since, I think it's fair to say it was a pretty flawed plan. I don't know much about this though, was Israel as a state created for both jews and Palestinians (who had recongisably their own settlements within) or were Israel and Palestine two seperate states with not so well thought out territories?
Yep, read it. Seems you've been quoting speculation as fact.

The simple truth is that, other than the Suez crisis in 1956, in all Israel's various full scale wars and smaller conflicts no western power has been directly involved other than as an arms supplier and there's absolutely no reason to believe they would in any future conflict.

On the other hand, the west has been involved in almost every other regional conflict around there (Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Kuwait), none of which have involved Israel.

I'm not going bother explanation the history of the formation of Israel, I'm sure you can look that up for yourself.

Does it not say on there the US embassy recieved a telegram to leave Cairo immediately? It's a while since I first read about it. That would back up that *speculation* that came from appropriate sources, being not just any old paper speculation. Essentially, I believe that to be the case based on what I've read.

Also, I reckon most would agree if modern Israel ever entered open conflict with another nearby state and it didn't look a gurantee they'd win with just allied support, the US would get involved, and probably a few others on either side.
No, it says that Cairo was going to be bombed, nothing about nuclear weapons or leaving.

It also says that the aircraft in question did not have the capability to carry nuclear weapons.

I'm not actually sure why you brought up the USS Liberty incident anyway. It was nothing to do with the US providing direct military assistance to Israel.

In answer to your other point, I disagree entirely.

Heartbreaking what is happening over there, a total clusterfuck and it isn't getting resolved any time soon.

From that page:

I can't remember I was in work and not giving it my full attention. Probably just as an example of the US being almost too quick on the trigger (in this case, which would hugely help Israel). It was a small point to back up my opinion you disagree with entirely.
That's fine. I'll base my opinion on 70 years of history and you base yours on a single unexplained message in 1967.

Heartbreaking what is happening over there, a total clusterfuck and it isn't getting resolved any time soon.

Just this. Appalling scenes that you think cant get worse but often do on a daily or hourly basis.

I see the propaganda charity group the "white helmets have been videoed at executions and removing Syrian soldiers dead bodies all on video and accessible on the net.

I wont post links but will warn that the videos contain graphic content

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.