Allardyce v Dyche

Agreed, I've been comparing this Dyche season to that Bolton season quite a lot and I think Dyche will be in a very similar situation (although I'd actually say Allardyces Bolton had a bit more about them). he's going to spend the next 30 year moaning abut how if he was called Sean Van Dyche he'd get a top 4 job isn't he?
That Bolton team had Okocha, Djorkaeff and Stelios who I always though was a good footballer. I think it had quite a nice balance of what we see from Allardyce teams these days and some decent football. Certainly it was miles better to watch than this current Burnley team. If Dyche goes on to have half the career Allardyce has had he will have done well. Difficult to really judge his short spell at Watford so for the moment he is a manager who has done a really decent job at one club. He could be another Allardyce who can do a good job at a certain level for other clubs or he could be Moyes who did it I the Prem at one club but it has transpired is absolutely wank.

Has Bluehammer kidnapped you

Haha

Allardyce gets a ridiculous amount of abuse, the media tag of ‘hoof ball’ and ‘dour’ football will always stick with him no matter what - yet his football is no different to most managers and he gets results.
So many teams he has progressed them as a club or saved them from relegation - gets zero credit.

Dyches win % over the season is poor compared to others finishing 8th previous seasons.

Burnley are on 40 %

Stoke, swansea, southampton etc all have been 7th-8th on 45%+ win ratio, Dyche has actually underperformed for a manager in 7th spot.

Dyches win % over the season is poor compared to others finishing 8th previous seasons.

Burnley are on 40 %

Stoke, swansea, southampton etc all have been 7th-8th on 45%+ win ratio, Dyche has actually underperformed for a manager in 7th spot.
He's overperformed for a team that has only scored 35 goals though. I've not seen any stats on it but they must be on target to have the least goals in their games in a season for a pretty long time. There have been only 67 goals in their 35 games so far, that's genuinely in danger of being less than Stuart Pearce's pathetic 73 all the way back in 2007. I had a quick look and Stoke under Pulis are the only team since Pearce to have less than 80 goals in their games and they got 79.

There has been a lot of talk about how great Dyche has been this year and how out of touch and poor Allardyce has been, but I've really not seen much difference between the two tbh. So I looked up the stats as to how they've actually done and really they are just the same person, except Dyche has great PR while Allardyce has his reputation.

Since match day 14 when Allardyce took over:

Points- Burnley 28, Everton 30
Goals- Burnley 21, Everton 23
Against- Burnley 21, Everton 26
Wins- Burnley 7, Everton 8
Draws- Burnley 7, Everton 6
Losses- Burnley 7, Everton 7

They are as close as you could possibly imagine, yet one is hailed as a potential manager of the season and the other is likely to be fired and is roundly mocked. I get that Burnley are not as big a club as Everton, but considering the shitshow Everton were before then, isn't it odd just how different the perception is? I also get that Dyche is getting a lot of credit for those first 14 games where he Allardyce'd his way to a great start, but since then he's genuinely been no better than Big Sam.

There are 2 Big Sams now aren't there?

Dyche is somewhat over hyped, but he has managed it on a far lower budget in terms of playing staff. Koeman spent relatively heavy last summer and although probably not Allardyce type players he did inherit what would be considered a better pool of players.

No, I'm comparing the part where they are both actually managing at the same time. over this period Big Sam has been judged, by pretty much everyone, to have been shit and boring.
Seems like a fair comparison to me.

If Dyche can do the same for the next couple of seasons, I'll be more impressed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.