Alternative striker options

A bit like a left footed Tevez in his day. Clumsily effective dribbler, with a drive and a shot on him.

We should be looking at him purely for his versatility. He could play anywhere across the front 3 and potentially in the De Bruyne role driving forward from midfield. Seems to have a good range of passing and attacking threat to do that but could also play further forward or as a no.9 with quick one touch passes and movement in behind the way Jesus does and Pep wants our no.9 to play.

I`ve heard that Monaco wants 80m-90m for him, and he`s surely not worth that price tag

Watched Lemar four or five times last season and he was immense. Although we don't need another central attacking-minded player, so he'll probably go to Liverpool - would be a great signing for them. As a left winger, Sane is still better so not really the best fit for us.

Watched Lemar four or five times last season and he was immense. Although we don't need another central attacking-minded player, so he'll probably go to Liverpool - would be a great signing for them. As a left winger, Sane is still better so not really the best fit for us.
He plays as a left midfielder in a 4-4-2. The opposite side of Bernardo at Monaco, but pretty much the same role

We should be looking at him purely for his versatility. He could play anywhere across the front 3 and potentially in the De Bruyne role driving forward from midfield. Seems to have a good range of passing and attacking threat to do that but could also play further forward or as a no.9 with quick one touch passes and movement in behind the way Jesus does and Pep wants our no.9 to play.
I know he plays wide sometimes at Lyon. But I really don't see him being very effective outwide for us.

He plays as a left midfielder in a 4-4-2. The opposite side of Bernardo at Monaco, but pretty much the same role

That's a system we don't play. Just pointing out that in our 4-3-3 he's not going to displace anyone in the left-sided or no.8 roles so doesn't make sense to go in for him

Could Bernardo be used in a false 9 role? I imagine him playing centrally with Jesus cutting in from the left and Mahrez right the right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.