Alternative striker options

When he used inverted fullbacks at Bayern he played a 433 mate.

Playing a 352 only to use the wingbacks inside is counterproductive why have them in the first place if you aren't gonna use them in the positions they are supposed to be. It's stupid. They're called WINGbacks for a reason.

If he does what you say then Aguero and Jesus would be wide with KdB in between the channels then you are missing a striker because you moved them out wide to compensate for putting your wingbacks without reason inside and removing all width.
No he didn't. He played 3-3-4 with Alaba and Lahm playing either side of Alonso. There's articles all over Google referencing the 3-3-4. He even played a 2-3-3-2 against Roma when they beat them 7-1. They played Stuttgart just before they played us a couple of years ago and had Bernat and Lahm in the middle in line with Alonso (with a back 3 behind them). Throughout the game Bernat and Lahm moved out wide to create attacking options once the ball had advanced ahead of their starting position. The formation, as with all Pep formations was perfectly fluid. Lahm and Bernat were still able to provide width as they only inverted when the back three had the ball to create two extra pivot options....which is what I'm suggesting Danilio and Walker could do just to help us move the ball to the attacking phase.

I'm not suggesting we play 3-5-2 with fixed inverted full backs. I'm saying they invert when one of the back three has the ball to create two extra pivot spots. Silva and De Bruyne or even Jesus can position themselves (for this phase of play) out wide and the spare striker or midfielder can drop in to give a central option to one of the three pivots. Once the ball has moved into the final third, the wide players can position themselves more narrowly and the inverted full backs can then position themselves out wide.

Last week, we only really had two options of getting the ball into attacking positions. One was a pass to Fernandinho who then had to link the ball up with the attackers. And plan B seemed to involve by-passing Dinho (because he had a body on him) and trying to play an intricate long pass to the forwards. Against good sides, we need more options to get the ball into attacking areas as good teams will figure us out pretty quickly.

What about Gabriel Barbosa bags of talent with an attitude adjustment I think he'd be decent and not too expensive. Plus he knows gj well

What about Gabriel Barbosa bags of talent with an attitude adjustment I think he'd be decent and not too expensive. Plus he knows gj well

I'll admit I haven't watched him much with Inter but when we've seen him with GJ as you said, he seemed like he wanted it to be all about him. I remember many times him not making the smart play but rather the selfish one. I'm sure it can be coached out of him but some of these players are very good at a young age and let that get to their head. Luckily for us our Gabriel seems almost the exact opposite, a humble player.

I would have Martial... controversial I know. Always thought he is wasted in that team and Rags I know really rate him

I would have Martial... controversial I know. Always thought he is wasted in that team and Rags I know really rate him

Yep, Mour doesn't play him from the start and ops for Rashford. Don't think Martial works back as much in LW but I think he's suited to CF role. All the attributes to be great but wasted off the bench for 10 mins.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.