Alternative striker options

Werner is a good shout, though his finishing is still extremely raw. Obviously we want a proven goal scorer who fits the system but that isn't always attainable.

Lewandowski is the obvious one, but any chance of that happening left when Carlo did. I would make an effort for him anyway, and Bayern would definitely sell if the money was right (and he was willing to move), but that's one for the Summer if at all.

Not sure who else to throw out there. Belotti? Mertens? Cavani? Maybe we'll just have to wait on Kun putting it together or hope Jesus finds form on return.

If Mbappe came to us, he would have been off. Also, I feel Kun decides how good our season ends in terms of trophies. I really hope Jesus gets back to scoring sooner rather than later, in the meantime goals from our wingers and midfield should suffice. We need both our strikers scoring goals.

True hopefully Jesus comes back and starts scoring immediately, thus putting pressure on Kun to improve as well.

The main reason why I think Pep prefers Jesus is because even when Jesus has a bad game, he is working extremely hard and still linking up well, pressing energetically and so on. When Kun has a bad game, he starts getting even more selfish, tries to dribble past 3 defenders, takes impossible shots and hurts the team overall. Granted when it comes off it’s wonderful but many times it doesn’t.

Would love Werner here but think he would cost a good amount as Leipzig are pretty rich and will be losing Keita in the summer too. They do seem happy enough to sell their players at the right price however.

Probably prefer him before Griezmann if we had to choose. Griezmann was apparently wanting near 400k/w at the rags before Atletico's transfer ban put a hold on the deal, thats on top of a 100m+ transfer fee. I think he is a good player but inconsistent and his attitude reminds me of Rag Ronaldo. Also has shit Halloween costumes.

Werner still has a lot to grow and would be similar to Jesus, they both will have off games but both could be superstars in a few years. Potentially Germany and Brazils starting strikers at our club. Very versatile players across the front line, perfect for Pep.

Sign him up.

"The Futbolgrad Network has recently learned that Manchester City are among the teams interested in signing the Austrian [Marcel Sabitzer]. Valued at €18 million by transfermarkt.de Manchester would have to offer far above his valuation for Rangnick, who is considered a tough negotiator to a point where he will ignore offers straight out, Marcel Sabitzer’s importance to Leipzig was most apparent when he missed several games with an injury.

Furthermore, under contract, until 2021 Leipzig are in contract negotiations with the midfielder and are willing to forego their self-imposed salary cap and sign Sabitzer to a deal that would see the Austrian earn far more than the €4.5 million that Leipzig have set as the maximum salary at the club. Leipzig’s Financial Fair Play restrictions mean that Manchester City could of course easily top any money offered by Leipzig. Furthermore, the attacking midfielder would fit perfectly into Pep Guardiola’s system. Recently linked with a transfer of Shakhtar Donetsk’s Fred, who has often been compared to Naby Keïta, Sabitzer could become the thread that holds together the attacking midfield and midfield pivots in the likes of Ilkay Gündogan as well as Fernandinho—plus Fred should a transfer ever be completed."

http://fussballstadt.com/marcel-sabitzer-leipzig/
Sabitzer plays mostly as RW.
RB Leipzig's manager Ralph Hasenhuttl is Pep's friend and can surely provide him with a needed info on this player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.