alternatives.....3

cyberblue said:
Batley Blue said:
I like how a lot of people expect us to be able to pluck a name out of thin air and then expect us to be able to sign them. If the clubs don't want to sell then they won't. If we want them we have to pay over the odds, then everyone pissing moans that we've thrown money at a player for the sake of it. Its a shit situation having all this money at the minute, but it's better than 10 years ago.

We might just be 'plucking names out of thin air' but the manager is paid millions of pounds a season to find good quality players. So if the only target man he can come up with is Santa Cruz after being here since May there is something seriously wrong with his scouting system

But you are going on what has been said in the press, do you really think he'd announce everyone he wanted to buy?

well, yes, all we have to go on are the offers that have been reported in the press, or confirmed by city. no alternative to rsc has been mentioned at all in the last three weeks. there is also the fact that we didnt sign anyone in that position. on the balance of the evidence, what else can we think?

Batley Blue said:
cyberblue said:
Batley Blue said:
I like how a lot of people expect us to be able to pluck a name out of thin air and then expect us to be able to sign them. If the clubs don't want to sell then they won't. If we want them we have to pay over the odds, then everyone pissing moans that we've thrown money at a player for the sake of it. Its a shit situation having all this money at the minute, but it's better than 10 years ago.

We might just be 'plucking names out of thin air' but the manager is paid millions of pounds a season to find good quality players. So if the only target man he can come up with is Santa Cruz after being here since May there is something seriously wrong with his scouting system

But you are going on what has been said in the press, do you really think he'd announce everyone he wanted to buy?

No i dont think he would have announced what he was going to do. but the fact is we didnt buy anybody to fill the Cruz position. when there must be other players out there who are availiable. Benni Mc Carthy for 1. See there not that hard to find and that didnt take me 1 month

It's january. there's no pre-season training and tour to bed players in. they have to hit the ground running. On top of that other clubs are reluctant to let their players go mid-season when it's difficult to replace them.

Any player has to be better than what we have, and have a long term future as a squad player

Remember Bojinov will be back shortly

I think City managed to get a top quality player in for every weak position except centre-forward. Santa Cruz was the target, but it became clear weeks ago that he was not available, so who else was there? Maybe there just weren't suitable players available

everton have been after a striker....they ended up with Jo. Likewisse Villa. They ended up with Heskey

i think in summer we will find it much easier to attract a decent set of players to challange for top table positions, january is a hard window to buy in and especially to try and lure top players to our club and when they have chance of silver they will just wait until summer. the players we have sighned i belive to be goo enough to hold a mid table position and we can hopefully upset a big four team (rags preferably) so im pretty pleased with sighnins and hopefully summer wnt dissapoint :)

sam the drummer said:
riley347 said:
should hughes have had 3 options for each targeted position......i.e.-RSC/gomez/crouch.....toure/upson/lescott(examples only).......surely we wouldn,t fail with ALL of them.........
What does it matter the window is shut lets get over it !

asked for opinion........not a stupid reply............

i think the fact of the matter is hughes wanted players with proven premiership experience and the players we went for were just not available ie: toure , lescott, rsc, parker, upson, its not like these players have moved anywhere else hughes signings have been good and they will defo improve are league position by the end of the season

We needed a strong target man Desperate and i am amazed we didn't have other names Than RSC

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.