Amadou Diawara

We're not Chelsea though. Chelsea's biggest issue was Mourinho's stubbornness. We can learn from Chelsea's mistakes and better our own program. The more quality you add to the youth ranks, the better because it raises competition amongst the teenagers and fuels them to improve and work harder. All this is if you have a manager willing to give youth a chance. City's goal is to have a half the club homegrown in the not so distant future if that's the case they will need youth players that can become first team quality.
I think we should buy these players send them on loan and let them develop. You have a buy back option so if the player develops really well (see Real Madric with Morata), you have an option to buy a near world class player at a reasonable cost. If not, you cut your losses and move on.

Bollocks.

Schools with less pupils generally get better results than schools with more pupils for a reason. The more time and resources you can give to an individual, the more chances you have got of them becoming the quality you require.

Bollocks.

Schools with less pupils generally get better results than schools with more pupils for a reason. The more time and resources you can give to an individual, the more chances you have got of them becoming the quality you require.
Generally, not always. It mainly depends on the quality and size of your faculty. With how far the Etihad campus has come, I see no reason why we can't accommodate more talented individuals.

This signing is a NO NO straight away. Why buy 18 year old kids when we can buy ready made midfielders like Gundogan, Xhaka, Pogba for example. I would rather promote young players from our reserves such as Aleix Garcia & Jack Byrne (when back from loan) instead of spending money on potential that are not guarenteed to be the business for us.

This player is absolutely nothing like Garcia or Byrne though. Literally nothing alike.

Why don't people just sit back and trust Guardiola?

He has a fantastic youth record for a reason, because he believes in bringing through players from within a club. He will have looked at all the players we have in the EDS or on loan.

So if Guardiola wants this player, it's for a reason - he thinks we need him.

This player is absolutely nothing like Garcia or Byrne though. Literally nothing alike.

Why don't people just sit back and trust Guardiola?

He has a fantastic youth record for a reason, because he believes in bringing through players from within a club. He will have looked at all the players we have in the EDS or on loan.

So if Guardiola wants this player, it's for a reason - he thinks we need him.

Maybe, but i hope Txixi does not have too much input because he has not got the greatest track record. I would rather go for footballers than absolute bruisers.

Maybe, but i hope Txixi does not have too much input because he has not got the greatest track record. I would rather go for footballers than absolute bruisers.

I'm pretty confident Pep and co. Can tell the difference between a footballer and a bruiser.

This signing is a NO NO straight away. Why buy 18 year old kids when we can buy ready made midfielders like Gundogan, Xhaka, Pogba for example. I would rather promote young players from our reserves such as Aleix Garcia & Jack Byrne (when back from loan) instead of spending money on potential that are not guarenteed to be the business for us.
One thing to keep in mind. The reason you buy an 18 year old kid is because he can become HG in the Champions League if he works out. This is a big benefit in the long run. I do agree that it isn't a bigger benefit than signing an established pro, but it's something that has to be taken into account when mapping out the squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.