Amazon duplicate order

BlueSam

So Amazon were meant to send me a Wii, the other week and it never turned up, so I rang up and kicked off and they said it must have been lost i the post and sent another one out.

However this morning randomly the first one got delivered and I signed for it, there is another one on its way to my house though.

Do you reckon Amazon will be checking whether I sign for it and then get in contact or do you think I might just be lucky and about to receive a free wii?

BlueSam said:
So Amazon were meant to send me a Wii, the other week and it never turned up, so I rang up and kicked off and they said it must have been lost i the post and sent another one out.

However this morning randomly the first one got delivered and I signed for it, there is another one on its way to my house though.

Do you reckon Amazon will be checking whether I sign for it and then get in contact or do you think I might just be lucky and about to receive a free wii?
At a guess; no!

Ahh well, After the absolute fucking nightmare which is their customer services and the amount of time I had to spent on hold I'm just gonna hold on to it and see what happens, never know. They can chase me for it, I had to chase them enough times to find out where it was.

They will.

A cautionary note.

I did the same last year with a Kindle. I even sent the duplicate Kindle back in January. They were still after me for payment in November. The only thing that stopped it getting messy was that I used their couriers and had it collected and have proof of collection. I suggest you do the same and do not return it yourself via the post office.

This happened to me last year for two expensive powered razors.

I signed for the first, then signed a different name on the second one when it arrived. I never heard anything from them about it. All good.

I once had two different items arrive, one which I didn't order which was meant for some Scottish bloke which arrived with my order in the same package. Emailed them to tell them very specifically what had happened. Even used the Scottish bloke's item no. in the returns process application... Sent it back and they still refunded me. Couldn't be arsed making another complaint and so just kept the money. Never heard anything about it.

I did this a few years ago my mate wanted a Lord of the rings collectors thing it had models and everything in the box a music albut the lot cost £100. Anyway the item arrived I signed for it everything was good. Next day another arrived while I was at work and my mum signed for it why they sent 2 I don't know. Anyway I've still got it all wrapped up on wardrobe as I hate Lord of the rings and nothing ever come about it :)

citytill1die84 said:
I did this a few years ago my mate wanted a Lord of the rings collectors thing it had models and everything in the box a music albut the lot cost £100. Anyway the item arrived I signed for it everything was good. Next day another arrived while I was at work and my mum signed for it why they sent 2 I don't know. Anyway I've still got it all wrapped up on wardrobe as I hate Lord of the rings and nothing ever come about it :)
Have to say, that surprises me. Once a person (or someone else at that address) signs for an item, doesn't that constitute a legally binding contract between you and the seller? Or am I talking out of my arse (wouldn't be the first time!)?

SWP's back said:

I signed for the first, then signed a different name on the second one when it arrived. I never heard anything from them about it. All good.

"Well to do Tory in stealing shock!"

lloydie said:
SWP's back said:

"Well to do Tory in stealing shock!"
technically its obtaining goods by deception, and tories are tip fucking top at that ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.