American Gods

urban genie

TV adaptation of Neil Gaimans award winning novel coming at the end of the month and I am really looking forward to seeing how they bring it to the screen.

I'm looking forward to.it. I had not read his books until Amazon did an offer where they gave away one of his books. I liked it and bought a couple. I then found American Gods for 50p in a second hand bookshop and loved it. I then bought the coin tricks book that is mentioned in American Gods and can now do a very rubbish palm that does not fool my daughter but makes her laugh.

Looks great. Thought it was about Vampires, glad its not cos im really bored of them.
On wiki:

The series focuses on Shadow Moon, a man serving three years in prison. With only days remaining in his sentence, Shadow is given an unexpected early release after his beloved wife Laura is killed. Shadow finds himself next to a man named Wednesday, who offers Shadow a job. Wednesday appears to be nothing but a con artist who needs Shadow as a bodyguard, but is in fact the god Odin. Wednesday is making his way across America, gathering all the old gods, who have now incorporated themselves into American life, to confront the New Gods, including Media and Technology, who grow stronger.

Sounds rather silly tbh, if you're really a god couldn't you just click your fingers and make your enemy disappear?

I'll watch it though.

Trailers look cool, will probably be sh*t though like 99% of movies. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.