Americans.........

Been the state's many times, found most Americans to be great people who've gone out of their way to help. I don't include airport security, bigger cnuts than showtec.

Wasn't taking a shot at you or anything I just was basically saying I wasn't pontificating from the small village I was born in and never left. :) I have met people that have never left the town or county they were born jn

Oh no, mate -- I know you weren't. Just adding some context. It's still a great place to be though stupidly expensive to live -- as much as NYC now, which is staggering.

Much of my extended family are still in the small towns they grew up in, but both my mom and dad left rural Pennsylvania and rural Texas respectively to join the Navy during the Korean War, got stationed in LA (Long Beach), met, married, realized SoCal was awesome, and never left California after. And who would? But their sisters/brothers generally stayed close to home.

That's the thing -- the US is so big and ridiculously diverse on so many levels (climate, topography, people, food) I always find it funny (not insulting) when we get tarred with a wide brush.

I enjoy the banter, though, and after electing Trump, we fucking well deserve to be made fun of.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.