Amsterdam Airport at a Standstill

I've heard about a lot of flights being delayed but apart from the 12.45 from Luton did anyone else have a flight cancelled?

We were originally on the 9am with KLM, which was cancelled the day before on Tuesday at around 4pm. They moved us to the 11:10am, which was then cancelled at 8am on Wednesday morning. At this point, we wanted to go on the 1:30pm KLM one, but this was apparently booked up. So they put us on the 11:10am FlyBe flight - a quick scramble to the airport and it looked as if we were sorted.

....But no! We boarded the FlyBe plane, which was absolutely tiny, only to be told that there had been a communication error and we couldn't leave Manchester Airport until 3pm. Nightmare so far, and landing into Schiphol at that time left it tight for the game somewhat. We atlas managed to jib in the Escape Lounge, which passed the time.

In the end, we managed to take off a tad earlier at around 2:40pm. Glad we made the effort in the end to watch that game! Thought it was poor by KLM to just outright cancel flights that early, whilst others were just delayed. Even more so, with the one done the day before.

Would be a decent gesture from City if they refunded tickets for those fans that didn't get there due to the weather.

Lesson learnt this week.

Having moaned about never having enough points ( we have got 5000 ish) to get champs league aways I felt I had to buy Feyenoord tickets when I could. Tickets secured I thought I'd save myself any hassle and book with the Thomas Cook day trip. £299 x 2 but sod it. Then the fun started- they bumped us off flight in Friday. So I had to get off my arse and sort out the trip myself. Ended up with Manc to Charleroi flights, hire car for 90 mile drive to Rotterdam and ibis hotel. All worked out great and as opposed to £598 total for two it came out at;

Flights £120,Car £50,Fuel £35,Hotel £60 =£265 total. Less than half the cost and no hassle really.

Lesson learnt. Lazy B******s get ripped off!

Lesson learnt this week.

Having moaned about never having enough points ( we have got 5000 ish) to get champs league aways I felt I had to buy Feyenoord tickets when I could. Tickets secured I thought I'd save myself any hassle and book with the Thomas Cook day trip. £299 x 2 but sod it. Then the fun started- they bumped us off flight in Friday. So I had to get off my arse and sort out the trip myself. Ended up with Manc to Charleroi flights, hire car for 90 mile drive to Rotterdam and ibis hotel. All worked out great and as opposed to £598 total for two it came out at;

Flights £120,Car £50,Fuel £35,Hotel £60 =£265 total. Less than half the cost and no hassle really.

Lesson learnt. Lazy B******s get ripped off!
Only used to live a stones from that airport. Get a European away when living there for 3 years? No!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.