Amsterdam Airport at a Standstill

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Gray, 13 Sep 2017 at 9:07 AM.

1. allan harper

allan harper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4XmtZ2seac
    We'd still travel down south because the flights would be cheaper than anything Etihad could offer.

2. Manchester_lalala

Manchester_lalala

Not going to happen mate, buts it's a nice idea.

3. MillionMilesAway

MillionMilesAway

that would be difficult I'd think, aside from the significant cost (not much change from 90-100M dollars per plane), you'd still need to find a takeoff/landing slot at about 2 weeks notice each way, and Schiphol's probably quite busy.

4. Eds

Eds

What excuse did he use to miss school?

5. Passittogordon

Passittogordon

We are both in the realms of the hypothetical anyway so I will argue my point. The relationship between club and sponsor is big, the planes used as City fan taxis and the reasonable prices/promotions they would have to use to get City fans on board could easily be offset by the Company as a whole. Also those planes wouldnt have to sit dorment in a hanger between matches they could serve a purpose for Etihad in Europe.
    Just Imagine you call City up for your European away match for a ticket, it costs you X, City then offer you a discounted flight and hotel package for Y using Etihad. Would save a lot of ball ache if they could figure something out. As for those stranded fans wouldnt it be great to see the OFFICAL CITY plane come to the rescue.

6. Passittogordon

Passittogordon

I understand the dificult logistics and prices and I am not talking about using the plane(s) exclusively for City fan travel but we are talking about two businesses with huge clout and influence.

7. Xiphos

Xiphos

Shirley there are a few old Dan Air planes lying about somewhere:)

8. chaddblue

chaddblue

Going watching City in Europe... what other reason does he need !!!

9. UUJblue

UUJblue

Yeah Etihad do have codeshare partners with a number of regional airlines (flybe, KLM, aer lingus, air italia etc http://www.etihad.com/en-gb/about-us/our-partners/) that we could work closer with to offer some incentive to travel with (blue points, discounts, fly and stay priority or whatever). I have taken some charters in the past for the Euros and internationals and they can often work out dearer than taking alternative routes via budget airlines and different countries/cities.

I believe some blues went by the euro tunnel and Dublin for example to save a few ££ but also losing time. Then again some fans like to make an experience out of it, taking 2/3/4 days in that city. I think it would work well on away days like Ukraine were options are limited. But the Thomas cook flight today handled maybe 150 blues out of 1500 travelling? so they are seen to be doing their part. I used the city in the city train service a few times and it was great! We got back to London after the game, met ex players, they had the league cup on it one day, free programme/gifts and priority on the trams. Again, it handled 250 or so blues or other wise would of took different routes and various prices.

10. blueparrot

blueparrot

There isn't one, there is an Etihad plane in City livery, but that will be on a scheduled route somewhere in the world. Don't think I've even seen the team use it since the initial launch of it.