Andrea Pirlo

I really hope this is BS as at 36 his best years are gone and struggled at NYC. Clear from Saturday that we need younger and quicker players in our side. Terrible move if it happens and lacks ambition.

Great signing if true, I'm sure most of us have been worried that our midfield has been just too dynamic and energetic recently and this would be the perfect remedy to that.

Anybody against this needs to give their heads a wobble. The reason we are so easy to stop through the middle is because Toure is the only player capable of receiving the ball and orchestrating attacking play from a deep position. Good teams will simply either man mark or press with 2 players like Liverpool did.

If we have Toure and Pirlo creating from deep, we will get the ball into the final third much more frequently and have a much greater control of the game. It's our lack of control over a game which makes us look so shite at the back.

Pirlo played in a midfield 3 last season with Marchisio and Pogba and was only a game away from winning absolutely everything. I see no reason why he doesn't make us brilliant centrally in a 3 alongside Dinho and Yaya.

Anybody against this needs to give their heads a wobble. The reason we are so easy to stop through the middle is because Toure is the only player capable of receiving the ball and orchestrating attacking play from a deep position. Good teams will simply either man mark or press with 2 players like Liverpool did.

If we have Toure and Pirlo creating from deep, we will get the ball into the final third much more frequently and have a much greater control of the game. It's our lack of control over a game which makes us look so shite at the back.

Pirlo played in a midfield 3 last season with Marchisio and Pogba and was only a game away from winning absolutely everything. I see no reason why he doesn't make us brilliant centrally in a 3 alongside Dinho and Yaya.
We struggle with Yaya in a duo. If we play a trio which includes Pirlo and Yaya, where do our legs come from? One of the Fern's will be doing the leg work! We saw a midfield lacking legs vs Liverpool, let's not repeat that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.