Andrea Pirlo

Pirlo and Yaya in a midfield two would be hilarious to watch, I'd pay money just to see that shit haha

Pirlo and Yaya in a midfield two would be hilarious to watch, I'd pay money just to see that shit haha

These two would be good in midfield, in the same way as Ali Bernarbia would have been good for another couple of seasons. There's no substitute for their football brains. The only downside is that someone else will have to run off their bollox to avoid a Blitzfussball.

I saw pirlo play for NYCFC when I was over in New York in August. He absolutely stunk the place out with his (non) performance. He wouldn't last 5 minutes in the prem.

We struggle with Yaya in a duo. If we play a trio which includes Pirlo and Yaya, where do our legs come from? One of the Fern's will be doing the leg work! We saw a midfield lacking legs vs Liverpool, let's not repeat that.
We used to be absolutely fine in a 3 with De Jong and Barry. We never had the issues we have now, and Barry and De Jong aren't collectively quicker than Pirlo and Fernandinho. In fact I don't see there being a big difference between the speed of Barry and Pirlo.

The difference with having Pirlo will mean we can hold the ball for longer. Legs won't be needed to the extent that they are now because we will fully control possession for much larger portions of the game. Even then, Pirlo can't have been too much of a liability for Juve given their success last season.

The problem we currently have is that people perceive Toure to be lazy. He has his moments, but for the most part I think it's his positioning that tricks people into thinking he is. He picks the ball up almost as a third centre back and he operates mainly between the centre back and the midfield (for large portions of the game). Now because he plays in that area with the ball, people expect him to have the defensive discipline of an achorman when we don't have it.

He's only actually dropping deep because we have nobody else in the team who can do it. Absolutely nobody. With Pirlo there, he will take the ball, and Yaya can remain further forward and be the pivot between Pirlo and the attack. He's perfect for us.

It's also worth noting that we actually only get pressed so heavily as we did on Saturday maybe once or twice per season. People seem to think that pace and dynamism is the only way to combat it, when actually, having control of the game and not losing the ball is more important. Pirlo is perfect for that and I for one really hope it happens.

We used to be absolutely fine in a 3 with De Jong and Barry. We never had the issues we have now, and Barry and De Jong aren't collectively quicker than Pirlo and Fernandinho. In fact I don't see there being a big difference between the speed of Barry and Pirlo.

The difference with having Pirlo will mean we can hold the ball for longer. Legs won't be needed to the extent that they are now because we will fully control possession for much larger portions of the game. Even then, Pirlo can't have been too much of a liability for Juve given their success last season.

The problem we currently have is that people perceive Toure to be lazy. He has his moments, but for the most part I think it's his positioning that tricks people into thinking he is. He picks the ball up almost as a third centre back and he operates mainly between the centre back and the midfield (for large portions of the game). Now because he plays in that area with the ball, people expect him to have the defensive discipline of an achorman when we don't have it.

He's only actually dropping deep because we have nobody else in the team who can do it. Absolutely nobody. With Pirlo there, he will take the ball, and Yaya can remain further forward and be the pivot between Pirlo and the attack. He's perfect for us.

It's also worth noting that we actually only get pressed so heavily as we did on Saturday maybe once or twice per season. People seem to think that pace and dynamism is the only way to combat it, when actually, having control of the game and not losing the ball is more important. Pirlo is perfect for that and I for one really hope it happens.
You reckon Pirlo and Toure can do the defensive duties of De Jong and Barry?

You reckon Pirlo and Toure can do the defensive duties of De Jong and Barry?
No but I imagine if they both play, it will be Fernandinho playing more defensively with Pirlo playing deep as well. That's two bodies screening your back two centre backs. Besides, how many tacklers and defenders does Alonso have alongside him at Bayern, or how many does Modric have at Real? They have players who control the tempo of the game.

We brought on 'legs' at half time against Liverpool and could still have easily conceded another half dozen goals.

No but I imagine if they both play, it will be Fernandinho playing more defensively with Pirlo playing deep as well. That's two bodies screening your back two centre backs. Besides, how many tacklers and defenders does Alonso have alongside him at Bayern, or how many does Modric have at Real? They have players who control the tempo of the game.

We brought on 'legs' at half time against Liverpool and could still have easily conceded another half dozen goals.
It would be suicide to play Pirlo and Toure in the Premier League.

Never really understood why his stock seemed to rise over the last few years. He was a class player during his heyday but wasn't really regarded as highly as he was when he was considered past it. He'd get absolutely destroyed in the premier league. Let him come train with us if he wants but there's absolutely no way we should be registering him to play. Aside from everything else, we haven't even got a space for him anyway have we?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.