Andy Morrison

Re: Andy Morrison

Fantastic Captain and City legend, always on my list of "if it wasn't for them", the club would not be where it is today..

I love the story in his book when he was assistant manager at Kidderminster and was getting dogs abuse of an way teams fans (for some reason at Kidderminster the away fans stand/sit behind the dug outs) anyway one bloke was really giving it some about his drinking and calling his family. Morrison stood there and took it but clocked this blokes face. The following week he paid to get into this teams home match and found this bloke. He followed him to the bogs and give him a right pasting!

Well worth a read!

My dad has been watch City since 1964 and reckons he has never seen a harder footballer ever! (That includes Mick Harford and Billy Whitehurst)

Manc in London said:
Excellent interview. I am enjoying Chappy's interviews.

He has definitely stumbled into a new career......his in game commentary ability is also excellent.

A superb interview.

44years said:
Top man, we all remember Pauls goal at Wembley but I would say AM's arrival was the turning point. Didn't realize Chappy recommended him.
I remember sitting in the Chaddy End when he scored that volley at Oldham. City fans everywhere that day and it seems like the whole ground erupted. The rest is history

Great day out that. Chaddy end must have been 50% City at least. The locals didn't want to know and were almost hiding under the seats.

I was at the friendly at Huddersfield I think it was KK's first game in the UK in charge of us and at half time a group of Huddersfield players were brought out and named on the pitch one was Andy and us blues brought the house down applauding him.

He was a big force in our resurgence and for that I thank him but after reading his book seems to have been a bit of a nob.

As others have said, one of the best signings the club has ever made.

So many good memories, including that great volley at Oldham and against Chesterfield, I think it was. Andy and their Brazilian centre-forward went up together for a header and clashed heads.

Jock shook his head a couple of times and carried on; the Brazilian was carried off on a stretcher!

I met him a City square once and had a good chat with him. Great bloke and very down-to-earth.

The word legend is often overused in football, but in my eyes Andy is a true City legend. Not because he played 500 games for the club or was a fixture from the start of his career to the end, but purely because of the intangibles he brought to Manchester City at that particular moment in time.

He was everything we needed in a leader on the pitch during a dark time for the club and fans, and I will always be grateful to him and the others in that 1999 team for playing more of a part than we'll ever know in the club being what it is today.

(as an aside, I wish we had a player like him in the dressing room right now to put a foot in the arses that need it.)

enjoy watching chappy interviews, and thought andy was great to listen too some good stories, he may not be what some would say a legend but is part of City folklore and history , admitted not great and prosperous history like some but a vital part of the return of our club to the top, people like andy are what makes our club great.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.