Andy Morrison

I Have met Andy a few times he is a great bloke ,he was a massive influence at the club does not seem real that he played less than 40 game in the same mold as Gerry Gow

From my time watching City, I always looked forwards to seeing grafters and hard tackles. I still do. But, we've gone all silky and started winning things... so I am not complaining about proper hard challenges and batllers being less and less at City these days. If Zaba goes, we have some steel, but not much.

I have known of Jock since the 80's and played against him at youth level. Not long after he broke into the 1st team at Argyle, and was a standout player instantly. His strong heading and strength left me with no doubt he would be going places. He was a protector of his team mates. If a team mate got fouled beware of Jock because he will get the opponent back.
When he arrived at City I knew the impact he would have. As others have said he lifted the team by adding steel.

Absolutely delighted for him that he is recognised as a fan favourite for many. He should have had a lot more career appearances at the top level than he got.

Spoke to him recently at the Etihad before Madrid game and Jock was totally pleasant and down to earth as already stated on here. Good luck to the fella in his career.

I definitely believe he feels a lot of affection for City and especially the fans and feels he has found a spiritual home at City.

He was a blue in his youth but then it was as a Glasgow Rangers fan.

I definitely believe he feels a lot of affection for City and especially the fans and feels he has found a spiritual home at City.

He was a blue in his youth but then it was as a Glasgow Rangers fan.

I think that's definitely true. City and Andy found each other just when they needed each other the most, and I think both recognise that and feel an exaggerated affinity to each other as a result. I went to Barcelona 2 years ago for the CL and he turned up in the Plaza Real in the middle of the afternoon and got well and truly mobbed. I've been watching City live for over 40 years and considering he barely played a season and a half for us (due to injury), the level of affection for him is extraordinary. It is also well deserved. One of the best captains we have ever had, and if we could find a younger, fitter clone of him I'd be a happy man

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.