Angel Correa

...why would you resurrect this thread when he's only just moved to atletico, hasn't even played a game for them yet.

In his defense, Txixi has previously signed a player in that very scenario before. :)

In his defense, Txixi has previously signed a player in that very scenario before. :)

Reminds me of Clive Allen in 1980

Allen signed for Arsenal in the summer of 1980 for a fee of £1.25m, but he did not play a single competitive match (although he did play three matches in Arsenal's 1980-81 pre-season friendly campaign). He shortly moved on to Crystal Palace in a swap deal with Kenny Sansom

The City tempts Correa and he refers you to Atletico

The great promise Atletico and Argentina. An emissary on behalf of Manchester City contacted Angel Correa in the final concentration with Argentina to convey English club's interest in signing him. The striker told him to speak with Atletico, he was like Atletico and was not planning a change. Correa told Gil Marin City's interest and response. Correa is the great promise of Atletico and Argentina. His commitment to Atletico Madrid is total because Gil Marin did not hesitate to support you, help you and sufragarle heart surgery where they removed a small tumor. Thanks to this delicate operation Correa could continue playing football. Thanks to Atleti, Correa is alive.

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2015/11/01/mas_futbol/1446333644_059429.html

Bit of a risk I'd say. We don't have a particularly good record signing Argentinian strikers from Atletico, do we? ;)

Really like the look of this player. If we can haul him in along with Tielemans, we'll be in even a better shape than we already are. This kid can be class and if the price is under 10M pounds then that is a risk well worth taking.

I'd take him in a heartbeat. Great player already and a future Ballon d'Or winner.

As much as I would love him at City, I can see why he would go Atletico. They have a proven track record with strikers and they also allow them to progress, if you like they are a stepping stone club to the elite. This has changed slightly with Simone and they are a great team in their own right, but the TV and commerical deals of La Liga 2 most prestigous clubs leave Atletico having to sell to compete. I feel as much as our owners seem to create links with Real, this is the club in Spain we should create good relations (it does seem to be Chelsea at the moment), as this one has the opportunties to purchase their best players, at Real it would only be those surplus to requirements.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.