Angel Correa

spinzer said:
LoveCity said:
Atlético's sensational position at present has not prevented the club working to plan ahead for the coming season.

The level of demand for quality players at the Manzanares club is greater and greater and the club's directors have already started to form Diego Pablo Simeone's squad for the 2014/15 season.

The first target outlined is Ángel Correa. Atlético have reached an initial agreement to sign the Argentine forward, who has just turned 19 and plays for San Lorenzo de Almagro.

However, nothing has been signed just yet. For this reason, 'Los Rojiblancos' are remaining cautious and will not consider it a done deal until pen has been put to paper. The player is highly sought after and it would not be surprising - as has happened on other occasions - if other European teams tried to intervene.

The amount for which the deal could be closed is around €9 million, 60% of the fee for the young Argentine striker. Since making his debut in the Argentine Primera decision, Correa has taken the league by storm. He is a skilful player, who likes to take on players and get in the box - bearing a resemblance to Sergio Agüero.

120515411_txiki_377340c.jpg

But if we really wanted him, I'm sure we could outbid €9million.
If we wanted him, we would need to buy 100% of his rights, not just 60%, which would make it a much higher price

This will be a test for UEFA who according to their own web page http://www.uefa.com/community/news/newsid=2064391.html have asked FIFA to ban the practice as part of FFP.

As San Lorenzo would receive no benefit until the player was sold under the present system anyway, might as well go in a little higher with a resale clause if we transfer on.

I am sure UEFA would be happy to back club doing things correctly than one trying 3rd party. Could cause them severe problems down the line if they dont :)

Just looked at a few videos and this lad looks like the real deal, like a cross between aguero and Suarez. Looks as if he's agreed terms to join atletico though, shame.

callumcity said:
Just looked at a few videos and this lad looks like the real deal, like a cross between aguero and Suarez. Looks as if he's agreed terms to join atletico though, shame.

I have been watching him regulary for the past month or so since I have got into watching the Argentine Primera.

For me he is more of an attacking midfielder instead of an out and out striker like Sergio as he seems to assist more than score but we will see how his game develops as he grows older, whenever he gets the ball though he is very exciting and shows he has lots of potential.

It will be interesting to see how he develops when he gets into Europe and I for sure will be following his progress, but no doubt if he lives up to his potential he will be a 40m plus player in the future.

Would love him at City but I doubt we would get a work permit.

sam-caddick said:
callumcity said:

I have been watching him regulary for the past month or so since I have got into watching the Argentine Primera.

For me he is more of an attacking midfielder instead of an out and out striker like Sergio as he seems to assist more than score but we will see how his game develops as he grows older, whenever he gets the ball though he is very exciting and shows he has lots of potential.

It will be interesting to see how he develops when he gets into Europe and I for sure will be following his progress, but no doubt if he lives up to his potential he will be a 40m plus player in the future.

Cheers for the extra info, looks an exciting player to say the least.

sam-caddick said:
callumcity said:

His record this season is 4 goals and 3 assists.

El Mago said:
sam-caddick said:
callumcity said:

His record this season is 4 goals and 3 assists.

That was in the Torneo Inicial part of the season, now we are in the Torneo Final part of the season and in that he has got 2 goals sand 7 assists, so in over the full season so far he has got 6 goals and 10 assists.

The Argentine Primera División is split into two tournaments which are the Torneo Inicial and Torneo Final, so you can win a title for the first half of the season and a title for the second half the season, San Lorenzo currently hold the Torneo Inicial title and a pushing again for the Final.

I have watched most if not all of San Lorenzo's league games in the past few months and the lad for me is not a striker, he may turn out to be that but for me he looks far more accomplished as a number ten at the moment and as those stats show above you would expect that return from a Silva or Nasri type player.

Very exciting player and absolutely love watching him play but he is still very raw, I would love City to sign him but like I said before I doubt we would get a permit, plus it would be a big dig towards Lopes who we want coming though with us signing a 19 year old lad who pretty much plays in the position he is, albeit Correa is proving his ability in a top flight league.

A shame to 'miss out' on a potential star,however,he simply would not have got the same playing opportunity here,so from a footballing perspective,its probably the right career decision.

Athletico have a formula that works for them perfectly,in fact it has surely surpassed their wildest expectations.They are probably already in negotiations for the next Correa.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.