Angus Gunn(On loan at Norwich)

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by PrezIke, 5 Aug 2017.

1. PrezIke

PrezIke

Could not find thread for him outside of the EDS/Academy Forum so seems worth it to add one now.

Seems to have won out as the Norwich no. 1, which was not a given, although Ruddy moved on to Wolves.

Had a very strong debut today just now against Fulham today, as Norwich equalised late after being utterly dominated most of the match, and managed to earn an away draw.

Gunn kept them in the game with two big saves (one was great) in the first half and also came out from his goal in the 2nd to grab a ball near the edge of the box as an attacker was looming and Fulham were threatening constantly.

"Brave goal keeping there." Said the play by play announcer "He's been very sharp off his line." said the colour commenter.

After the great save his teammates came out and congratulated him. Good for his confidence that's for sure. Seems to need to still get stronger as I saw him struggle to push away a defender on one corner, but that can come with time.

Should get some shouts for MOTM. Was Norwich's best (if you ask me) or 2nd best player in the first half. From start to finish was the most solid performance on his team. They could have been down 3-0 in the first half if not for him.

Keeps this up and he could very well be our backup next season.

2. Dax777

Dax777

He'll be better than Pickford

3. ell

ell

Talksports Ian Abrahams just said he played well and made some outstanding saves last night

4. Cheadle_hulmeBlue

Cheadle_hulmeBlue

i think in a few years time he will end up being the england keeper or at least challenging for it.

5. Healthcare29

Healthcare29

I live in Norfolk now (for the last 30 yrs!) so watch & hear a lot about Norwich, my opinion of Gunn was that without doubt he'd make it as a keeper at Prem level but too early to say at top 4 level, what I've seen so far I'm Gunna say he's got a big chance at City.
    Best thing was the loan to Norwich, I know he let in 4 yesterday but Norwich defensively were a joke, It's early days & I don't know how he plays out from the back with his feet but get shot of Bravo next yr & get this lad in as #2. English too unless the Jocks nick him.

6. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Third clean sheet on the bounce,also made Championship team of the week.

His ability and quality is showing.

7. Zin 'messiah' Zimmer

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer

Off to see the wizard....
    Gunn has his hands full- I can see us cashing in tbh, he has the obvious 2 in front of him and Muric (who is potentially outstanding) coming up the rear.... saying that, I'd sooner he came back and we moved bravo on, however the silly contract situations continue and we may be stuck, he certainly won't want to move on with Sanchez here!

8. OB1

OB1

I did hear that Gunn was told Pep rates him highly.

9. Zin 'messiah' Zimmer

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer

Off to see the wizard....
    He rates bravo also (: ... I think we'll continue the narrative of putting buy back clauses in to future transfers. It's not actually a bad method as in the likelihood that one or two turn out to be top class, we'll have a system to bring them back.

10. Healthcare29

Healthcare29

Big advantage though is that he's English, so if there's sniff of top level about him he should be given a chance here first, unless it becomes clear that Ederson will be with us 7+ years.