Angus Gunn

Sounds like Wigan might be a good option. My boss is Wigan home & away (poor sod) and he says their 'keeper last year was Jaaskelainen who obviously is about 74 now and they don't have much faith in the young lad coming through so it looks like the number 1 shirt would be up for grabs there, be good to see him grab hold of an opportunity

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...rt-will-play-for-manchester-city-if-he-stays/

“Of course, it is not an ideal situation, but I will respect their contracts. I will be clear what will be the solution. If all four stay here, the best solution is for everybody to be involved in our idea. They are going to be involved in our idea.

“They are going to be used in rotation. So if Joe, Willy and Angus stay, then it won’t be the same one who is always on the bench.

“Maybe they go into rotation to find a solution - the best for us and them. They need to play. The situation is not easy right now.”

Interesting quotes from Pep - sounds like he's going to rotate the keeper on the bench, and that Gunn will be one of those keepers.

“Of course, it is not an ideal situation, but I will respect their contracts. I will be clear what will be the solution. If all four stay here, the best solution is for everybody to be involved in our idea. They are going to be involved in our idea.

“They are going to be used in rotation. So if Joe, Willy and Angus stay, then it won’t be the same one who is always on the bench.

“Maybe they go into rotation to find a solution - the best for us and them. They need to play. The situation is not easy right now.”

Interesting quotes from Pep - sounds like he's going to rotate the keeper on the bench, and that Gunn will be one of those keepers.

Sounds like he will try to play them when possible too.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...rt-will-play-for-manchester-city-if-he-stays/

There should be no rotation, Gunn should be on the bench or on loan.

There should be no rotation, Gunn should be on the bench or on loan.

Why?

Why assume he'd learn more on loan than practising with the first team?

If he's got a future here than he is goi to have to obviously be very good playing it from the back, and he's going to get far, far more time being coached on it here than at any loan club down the lower leagues, and he'll be able to learn from Bravo first hand.

Not to mention our goalkeepers now take part in all training with the rest of the first team, and even fitness work is done with a ball at their feet to make them better - he won't get that anywhere else.

So I think I'll side with Guardiola knowing what's best this time instead of WNRH.

Why?

Why assume he'd learn more on loan than practising with the first team?

If he's got a future here than he is goi to have to obviously be very good playing it from the back, and he's going to get far, far more time being coached on it here than at any loan club down the lower leagues, and he'll be able to learn from Bravo first hand.

Not to mention our goalkeepers now take part in all training with the rest of the first team, and even fitness work is done with a ball at their feet to make them better - he won't get that anywhere else.

So I think I'll side with Guardiola knowing what's best this time instead of WNRH.

You've gone on about experience in another thread so why does that not apply here?

Surely it's best for Gunn to get experience playing 30+ games elsewhere or the experience of being around the match day squad on a regular basis and the odd cup game? It's clear he's not going to get any games with the ridiculously named U23 team so are we going to have a situation where Gunn plays 0 minutes this season as if rotates with Cabellero for the bench then the likelyhood is Cabellero will be chosen for the cup games.

That's why Gunn should be number 2 or on loan.

In my opinion we've not done very well on the development of our young players at this club the last few years, a lot of them have gone stale when they have reached the next level, like Barker for example. I don't want that to happen with Gunn.

Gunn going to be our main goalie in the next 3 to 5 years.

You've gone on about experience in another thread so why does that not apply here?

Surely it's best for Gunn to get experience playing 30+ games elsewhere or the experience of being around the match day squad on a regular basis and the odd cup game? It's clear he's not going to get any games with the ridiculously named U23 team so are we going to have a situation where Gunn plays 0 minutes this season as if rotates with Cabellero for the bench then the likelyhood is Cabellero will be chosen for the cup games.

That's why Gunn should be number 2 or on loan.

In my opinion we've not done very well on the development of our young players at this club the last few years, a lot of them have gone stale when they have reached the next level, like Barker for example. I don't want that to happen with Gunn.

If Hart stays then I agree, Gunn should be loaned out. He is completely unproven as it stands & we need to find out about him in real game situations under real pressure, as well as him needing to gain experience.

If Hart goes, then we need to have a 3rd keeper, which I assume is Gunn, due to the fact that he will not take up an extra Champs Lg spot due to being 'club trained'. Then he could also challenge for the 2nd keeper's job.

If Hart stays then I agree, Gunn should be loaned out. He is completely unproven as it stands & we need to find out about him in real game situations under real pressure, as well as him needing to gain experience.

If Hart goes, then we need to have a 3rd keeper, which I assume is Gunn, due to the fact that he will not take up an extra Champs Lg spot due to being 'club trained'. Then he could also challenge for the 2nd keeper's job.
The truth is nobody needs a 3rd keeper (unless the first 2 are injury-prone). Lawlor and Gunn have to play games. They can still go to the stands for City matches while on loan.

The truth is nobody needs a 3rd keeper (unless the first 2 are injury-prone). Lawlor and Gunn have to play games. They can still go to the stands for City matches while on loan.

It's not because the two have to be injury prone, it's in case just one gets injured or ill or suspended etc. Then for the next game, you need two. Hence, 3rd keeper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.