Angus Gunn

Discussion in 'EDS and Academy Forum' started by FantasyIreland, 9 Sep 2014.

1. domalino

domalino

Victor Valdes was 21 when he started getting game time for Barcelona.

2. Cheadle_hulmeBlue

Cheadle_hulmeBlue

experience of actually playing some competitive games. not every team kicks the ball 60 yards down the field either, quite a few good football playing teams i nthe lower leagues. he's spending most of his time on the bench now, id rather he'd be playing. either way both staying and going on loan could be good for him. as long as he ends up beign our first choice its all goo.d

3. twosips

twosips

Slightly misleading as you know. He was already getting professional game time though for the b-team...

4. domalino

domalino

"Professional" would also be quite misleading, as they were in Segunda B at the time, the third tier which is regionally divided and so has Spain's 43rd-122nd best teams.

His experience in that division would have been National League North level - that's the 6th tier.

I haven't checked the exact teams in the 01/02 season, but I'd be pretty confident that a few of the teams weren't professional, lots of the teams have stadium capacities of 1,000. Admittedly the entire division isn't that level - a few of them would be Conference level, maybe even some League 2 quality teams at the very top.