Angus Gunn

Interesting that City once broke the transfer record for a goalkeeper in the mid 70s, only to discover that the one they already had wasn't too bad.

Overall an impressive performance, by Gunn against Italy, but one that almost went disastrously wrong in the first 30 seconds,when he was too casual with a backpass.

That's the dilemma with keepers and at some point he will have to go on loan, not just to test his quality, but also to learn how to deal with mistakes.

Scaring Europe to Death said:
Interesting that City once broke the transfer record for a goalkeeper in the mid 70s, only to discover that the one they already had wasn't too bad.

Overall an impressive performance, by Gunn against Italy, but one that almost went disastrously wrong in the first 30 seconds,when he was too casual with a backpass.

That's the dilemma with keepers and at some point he will have to go on loan, not just to test his quality, but also to learn how to deal with mistakes.

Blackpool......seem to remember going there didn't do one of our goalkeeping kids any harm.

How good is he? I've only seen him about 4 times in the flesh and i've always thought he's looked very competent. Anyone who's seen more of him than me able to offer up any thoughts on him?

He's fucking huge, that's for sure. Very comfortable with the ball at his feet seemingly too - there is no way Hart could play the game he's expected to play for the youth team that's for sure. What about his general handling? Decision making? Shot-stopping?

Basically, can he be our number three anytime soon, and eventually challenge for the matchday squad.

twosips said:
How good is he? I've only seen him about 4 times in the flesh and i've always thought he's looked very competent. Anyone who's seen more of him than me able to offer up any thoughts on him?

He's fucking huge, that's for sure. Very comfortable with the ball at his feet seemingly too - there is no way Hart could play the game he's expected to play for the youth team that's for sure. What about his general handling? Decision making? Shot-stopping?

Basically, can he be our number three anytime soon, and eventually challenge for the matchday squad.

His decision making when playing out from the back can be questionable but in regards to shot stopping he looks very good, his distribution is pretty decent as well.

Until he plays senior football I think it's going to be hard to judge how far he can really go.

I think with playing out from the back he's literally following orders to a tee. I think they tell him to always do it, expect the odd mistake, but see the positives as being able to learn from them eventually. I think that's the way anyway...may be wrong but i always get that impression.

Excellent shot stopper and handles the ball really well but looks very awkward with the ball at his feet, seen him 7/8 times and he makes too many mistakes when kicking, too slow, too many touches and costs goals (CSKA) springs to mind.

However, he does look the part overall and our best home grown prospect for some years.

blue b4 the moon said:
Excellent shot stopper and handles the ball really well but looks very awkward with the ball at his feet, seen him 7/8 times and he makes too many mistakes when kicking, too slow, too many touches and costs goals (CSKA) springs to mind.

However, he does look the part overall and our best home grown prospect for some years.

I would say he is a fantastic prospect and for me should in 3rd spot already instead of wright.I expect that for next season assuming we still have Willie at number 2.

On the distribution thing there is no doubt he is under instructions not to just hoof it so there will always be times where he plays balls which look very iffy and dangerous. There have been games where the main dangers to our goal come from us playing the ball about at the back.

The plan from dead ball kicks is for the 2 centre backs to go wide, the 2 full backs to take up an inside position and often one of the midfield drops back towards the D to receive the ball. Naturally the opposition press up to stop us playing it out but that can cost them 3 or 4 players so that if and when we do get through we might actually have some space to work in.

All the youth teams I see look to do this and despite the obvious worries I think Gunn has improved with his feet and his kicking is ok.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
blue b4 the moon said:

I would say he is a fantastic prospect and for me should in 3rd spot already instead of wright.I expect that for next season assuming we still have Willie at number 2.

On the distribution thing there is no doubt he is under instructions not to just hoof it so there will always be times where he plays balls which look very iffy and dangerous. There have been games where the main dangers to our goal come from us playing the ball about at the back.

The plan from dead ball kicks is for the 2 centre backs to go wide, the 2 full backs to take up an inside position and often one of the midfield drops back towards the D to receive the ball. Naturally the opposition press up to stop us playing it out but that can cost them 3 or 4 players so that if and when we do get through we might actually have some space to work in.

All the youth teams I see look to do this and despite the obvious worries I think Gunn has improved with his feet and his kicking is ok.

He's like Pele compared to Joe Hart.

jollylescott said:
I overlooked complimenting him for his outstanding performance in the Roma game.

If he continues to progress he is a future City and England keeper. He has all the attributes. He just needs to keep on working hard and trying to improve every day.

Or could he follow in his dad's footsteps and play for Scotland!

Is Gunn the youth team keeper or was he 18 before August?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.