Angus Gunn

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
jollylescott said:
I overlooked complimenting him for his outstanding performance in the Roma game.

If he continues to progress he is a future City and England keeper. He has all the attributes. He just needs to keep on working hard and trying to improve every day.

Or could he follow in his dad's footsteps and play for Scotland!

Is Gunn the youth team keeper or was he 18 before August?
Jan 22, 1996 birthdate. He's played for England at every age group I think, it seems he's pinned his colours to England's flag.

Hopefully goes out on loan next season, ideally to a League One team who pass it out from the back.

Szczęsny went on loan to Brentford when they were in League One and said it was a great experience. He said it was a great, but hard, introduction to first team football playing against big, physical players. Gunn would really get tested in crosses in that league. The English lower leagues are great experience for young goalkeepers and defenders, not so much for the more technical attacking players as it's very physical.

It would be a good experience for Gunn, he'd certainly learn a lot.

CityFan94 said:
Hopefully goes out on loan next season, ideally to a League One team who pass it out from the back.

Szczęsny went on loan to Brentford when they were in League One and said it was a great experience. He said it was a great, but hard, introduction to first team football playing against big, physical players. Gunn would really get tested in crosses in that league. The English lower leagues are great experience for young goalkeepers and defenders, not so much for the more technical attacking players as it's very physical.

It would be a good experience for Gunn, he'd certainly learn a lot.

I agree, it's essential he goes on loan next season with him then going on to become 2nd choice at the age of 20 or having another loan then coming in at 21 instead to challenge Hart, I fully expect him to replace Hart, but that'll be gauged a lot better with a loan move.

I will be interested to see which keeper England take to the Toulon tournament this summer with it being an U20 tournament.

There can't be many better English GK's than Angus at youth level??

sam-caddick said:
I will be interested to see which keeper England take to the Toulon tournament this summer with it being an U20 tournament.

There can't be many better English GK's than Angus at youth level??

None at all would be my guess. Simply top top class.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.