Ante Coric

I believe laporte could be right to stay he is playing against the best in the world and is showing what he can do, the standard of coaching and the facilities are very decent at his club. And the fee is always going to be relative to the league pulling up trees in a poor league isnt going to increase the fee that much. Bruno isnt of the level he as most wonderkids developed early and stood out but never kicked on. If we didnt sign him he would still be getting hyped in Argentina. Our club gives gifted young players all they need to succeed the rest is up to them. Coric has decided he isnt up to a relegation scrap or is too good for it and has decided to spin his wheels most hot prospects dont fulfil their potential, joining us may not have been corics best decision but I cant imagine wasting away in Croatia is either he should have moved to a decent league and if he kicks on the big clubs will come running. If he gets a move to a champs league team in one of the top leagues it will be as a prospect or a project. Hope he does well as he is a talent just wish he backed himself.
I reckon hell move to a top league soon. But I doubt he is the type toet the bright lights of top clubs blind him. Better you go to a midtable club and dominate, then have big clubs salivating for your signature, than be a potential prospect big clubs fling around to remote loan destinations.

I don't fault him for balking if the story being told is true.

Zuculini backed himself too and I'm almost sure he might have ruined any chance of becoming a top player.

There is no eight way to do it. Some move to big clubs early, don't get playing time, get loaned to a bunch of teams who don't invest in them, and become mid table talents by the middle of their careers.

Others don't move in the first place and the same faith befalls them.

There are no fast rules on this, but 2 factors seem most important- playing time and developnent support from the club. If he isn't going to get either here this year, then he hasn't made the wrong decision to stay back.

His bestbet is probably to become so dominant that teams pay substantially to secure his services. And then they'll be more inclined and proactive in the attempts to play and develop the player.

This is why Laporte may have been wrong to balk, but this kid isn't.

Good insight his situation. Nobody should be questioning any decision a 19 year old makes regarding career decisions. Is there a more important time in a pros career than at this age? I don't think so. It has nothing to do with ambition or fear. The way he's handling it actually is impressing me more and more. Let's not forgot about our reputation with youth. If the kid ends up signing with us down the road then I'll have high expectations because both the kid and the club will have the same vision for him.

I reckon hell move to a top league soon. But I doubt he is the type toet the bright lights of top clubs blind him. Better you go to a midtable club and dominate, then have big clubs salivating for your signature, than be a potential prospect big clubs fling around to remote loan destinations.

I don't fault him for balking if the story being told is true.

It's just smarter/safer to do it this way. I'm how sure anyone doesn't understand this or had any issue with it.

You might say Gabriel or Sane did it....those situations are different because of the price paid which guarantees a role for those two.

It's just smarter/safer to do it this way. I'm how sure anyone doesn't understand this or had any issue with it.

You might say Gabriel or Sane did it....those situations are different because of the price paid which guarantees a role for those two.
Same view here.

If Liverpool were in Europe he probably would've took the shot there but since they weren't they were an easy choice to turn down. Spurs came up but they were playing it safe & stingy in this window. If he does well in the champions league and has another fine season it will show a bit of consistency still only be 20/21 if we go back in again soon. This time with a bit more room to give him a different answer.

Zagreb sold too many players anyway this summer. They made 50 mil eur, that's huge, huge for Croatian/Balkan standards.

Manchester City are still in the race for Dinamo Zagreb midfielder Ante Coric (20) who was linked with a move last year. [Sportske Novosti]

Andyjem Barom, a representative of Coric from Doyen Sports, said City could move for him later this summer if they have leftover funds. [SN]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.