Ante Coric

Manchester City are still in the race for Dinamo Zagreb midfielder Ante Coric (20) who was linked with a move last year. [Sportske Novosti]

Andyjem Barom, a representative of Coric from Doyen Sports, said City could move for him later this summer if they have leftover funds. [SN]

" If they have leftover funds" means we are not really interested.

The guy would probably join someone else if he does move. It'd be a bit dim to join a club that isn't committed to you and will consider a move only if we've got any cash left once we've bought the players we REALLY want. I think this would only happen if there's no competition, which would seem unlikely.

He is a very talented player, but the local hype definitely got to his head.
Pep was really interested in him last summer.
Here's the whole interview of his agent (google translate from Italian). Says that many clubs are interested, including Sampdoria, but they are determined to wait for Man City's or another big club's bid.
Coric, the agent snatches Sampdoria: "No one meets us, we wait for Manchester City"
In the footstep the surprises are always around the corner and nothing can be given for sure until it is black on white. It is also for Ante Coric , a 97-year-old talent from Dinamo Zagreb who a few weeks ago had made a big impression on Sampdoria and expressed his will to dress the blues shirt. His agent Andyjem Barom does not seem to be of the same opinion and, interviewed by Sportske Novosti , revealed that he had much bigger ambitions: " We did not receive bids only from Sampdoria , which was written so much but also from very important clubs - Has begun -. So far, however, none of these has met the demands of both sides, both of the boy and of the Dinamo. For some clubs, let's call them "smaller", Coric's price is too high, while the big companies do not currently deal with players transfers that did not play much last season with their team, in this case Dinamo. However, the agent of the quarterback reveals - Ante is aware of the situation and wants ... well, let's say Manchester City is still in play . "

CORIC, PRECEDENCE AT MANCHESTER CITY - In short, Barom has made it clear that Sampdoria is really interested in the boy, but the precedence will go to a giant of European football like the City: "In this case we will move with caution: some companies pass Immediately to action if you propose a talent that will surely explode. 99% Coric will take part in the pre-championship draw with Dinamo, which will start on June 21st. The actual kick-off begins in twenty days: they are still waiting , they want to see who buys or sells who, they observe the movements of others. We say that Manchester City will dedicate itself first to the most urgent transfers - he explains to the Croatian portal - but if they will make money from the budget for the market then they will point to Coric and there will be no problems . It's still early, these big clubs give priority to other business. When they finish, then they go to look at promising young people. "
Buying him and sending on loan to Girona would be fine.
Edit: very well may be that the agent is a bullsh*tter and just uses City to create more hype.

Last edited:
He is a very talented player, but the local hype definitely got to his head.
Pep was really interested in him last summer.
Here's the whole interview of his agent (google translate from Italian). Says that many clubs are interested, including Sampdoria, but they are determined to wait for Man City's or another big club's bid.

Buying him and sending on loan to Girona would be fine.
Edit: very well may be that the agent is a bullsh*tter and just uses City to create more hype.
Think this might be agent stuff and they're using the old interest from last season to generate offers from other clubs this summer. If I remember he wasn't too keen on joining us to go on loan and it looks like nothing will change on that front.

The way this lad moves the football around is insane, talk about composure under pressure - I can see why Pep would be interested. Last year he was not interested in a move on loan after signing him but he might have changed his mind after another year in Croatia. Another year being a big fish in a small league on small wages, and now has had a taste of big European football from playing in the Champions League. I think he could turn out to be a great signing, either as a money maker or with a view to a first team spot.

If he's willing to go to Girona or NAC, both of which have become much more attractive prospects this summer, then that sounds great.

Think this might be agent stuff and they're using the old interest from last season to generate offers from other clubs this summer. If I remember he wasn't too keen on joining us to go on loan and it looks like nothing will change on that front.

I think he will move this summer, the relationship between him and the head coach at Dinamo Zagreb has broken down apparently. His development has somewhat stalled so moving would be the right thing to do. Whether it's here or to Sampdoria or whatever. They had CL last season which they don't have now so that's why it didn't make sense for him to go here and be loaned out to some tinpot club.

If we sign him I doubt he will go straight into the first team even if he's gifted and an extremely technical player.

Not really, it speaks to the same stuff Sam Lee and Tolmie have said all summer.

There's 5 key targets - Ederson, Silva, Walker, Sanchez and Mendy.

Then there's lower priorities - Bertrand, Alves, a CB, and Coric may well be on that list.

Buying him and sending on loan to Girona would be fine

If we sign him I doubt he will go straight into the first team even if he's gifted and an extremely technical player.

There's no chance this kid is bought to loan. He will either come into the first team or he'll go somewhere else. He won't be short of good offers, and it was us not offering him a first team place last year which stopped the move. Zagreb play at a higher level, with European football than Girona - why would he want to go there?

I think he will move this summer, the relationship between him and the head coach at Dinamo Zagreb has broken down apparently.
Well thats not a surprise. Ivaylo Petev is a terrible manager. I was shocked to see Dinamo Zagreb appointing him as his career at Bulgarian national team was a disaster.
Coric is a very talented player but needs first to play a bit at higher level (probably somewhere on loan) before to take the next step and to be a starter at a club like City.

If I’m not mistaken, he didn’t even play in the CL games last year. Mostly on the bench.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.