"Anti-City" media propaganda war

Plain Speaking

As all City fans know we dont get a fair press from any media source.
Other than getting more successful and attracting a bigger fan base. Anyone with ideas on turning round the anti-City media bias to start winning the propaganda war?
I had the notion the owners may be able to acquire some media sources to try and influence the output?

Play to our potential and win games and we will get better press. But it comes with the territory of being at the top.

Best thing to do is to stop worrying about it, particularly those who
Think it is only city.

Vicky and her team do a very good job and have focused on turning round the opinions of some key journalists like Martin Samuel & Ollie Holt.

But you can't force people to write nice things about you. Yes we could be like the rags and ruthlessly suppress any bad news or negative opinions but I know that is definitely not what City's owners want.

The only way to stop the propaganda against us is to be successfull and go on from where we are now and win a consecutive number of trophys / league titles / regularity in the Chamions League etc over quite a few years and then the media will have no choice but to support us and be positive about us.

At the end of the day, I couldnt give a shit what the media say about us. Every game / trophy we win the more it makes them look more embarrassed about themselves.

bottom-line is more people don't like City than do..... you look at any paper and its front page or back page headline, it's done to appeal to their readership, people want to read stories that reinforce their view of the world.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Vicky and her team do a very good job and have focused on turning round the opinions of some key journalists like Martin Samuel & Ollie Holt.

But you can't force people to write nice things about you. Yes we could be like the rags and ruthlessly suppress any bad news or negative opinions but I know that is definitely not what City's owners want.
Fergie tries to control everything surrounding United like a Mafia boss.
I think the Murdoch media is particularly anti-City. I suspect the "party line" is not set by individual journalists but the editor and ultimately the owner. Didnt they once try to buy United.
Getting the odd journo "on side" is certainly a start but there is so much vitriol it seems like a drop in the ocean.<br /><br />-- Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:30 pm --<br /><br />
DontLookBackInAnger said:
bottom-line is more people don't like City than do..... you look at any paper and its front page or back page headline, it's done to appeal to their readership, people want to read stories that reinforce their view of the world.
I accept we are not popular at present but there is also an arguement that the way information is reported can help change the views people have. I just wonder if there are other ways to actively change the support and policies of key decision makers in the media. Possibly this is being done "behind the scenes"? I hope so.

I bet anyone rupert Murdoch does not give a flying fuck about man city , or any other premiership club .

He cares about sales. And "war behind the scenes at worlds richest club" sells a lot more papers than "city team play backgammon together "

Its a complement and comes with the territory. The "project" has suffered some growing pains and that's been newsworthy . Big deal. The manager should use it to galvanise the players .

We really are becoming the most paranoid deluded set of fans on the planet.

I just see journalists offering opinions, some positive and some negative. The success weve had and money weve spent makes us "back page fodder".

To think there's a "propoganda war" is completely deluded.

The ordinary footy fan might dislike us out of envy, the sports journos and media top brass out of fear..

Fear? you might ask..But let me tell you there is fear. Because they might understand what ADUG is working to create here and it´s a mindboggling project.
You think clubs like Barca, Real and say the rags are the behemoths of the footy world? Big, arrogant and with the ability to outmuscle all others?

That´s not how ADUG see them..to them the world of football is ruled by clubs on a shoestring budget. They have a plan, it involves creating the club of the future, a club setting the standard for all the other hopefulls. We are talking a turnover in billions for the future perhaps..and nice profits from just being the first one to arrive at the goal.

Once everyone did their shopping in small local stores, then one day players like ASDA arrived..Did the locals shops hate it? Did they tell everyone that is was wrong? That ASDA lacked history perhaps?
Of course they did!

Plain Speaking said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Fergie tries to control everything surrounding United like a Mafia boss.
I think the Murdoch media is particularly anti-City. I suspect the "party line" is not set by individual journalists but the editor and ultimately the owner. Didnt they once try to buy United.
Getting the odd journo "on side" is certainly a start but there is so much vitriol it seems like a drop in the ocean.

-- Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:30 pm --

DontLookBackInAnger said:
I accept we are not popular at present but there is also an arguement that the way information is reported can help change the views people have. I just wonder if there are other ways to actively change the support and policies of key decision makers in the media. Possibly this is being done "behind the scenes"? I hope so.
Your right thats the real fight not with the reporters but with the key decision makers.....
One should always remember that the majority of national papers readership have never been near a football ground, so it's not what you would call a "hardcore anti-fanbase"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.