"Anti-City" media propaganda war

Re: Re:

Castiel said:
I feel you're confusing a theory with reality. If the state doesn't police the people, then who does? People stronger than other people. A natural order much like you see in the 3rd world would emerge. I have seen this first hand. I'm not concerned with how it sounds in theory, that is the reality and unless you can change human nature, it will remain the reality. The same reality that Communism fails on account of human greed.
You can make that criticism of anarchism and communism by all means. You can also make that criticism of countries where laws do exist. They're still enforced by people who are stronger than others. It doesn't mean you can get away with claiming it says something it doesn't. Anarchism does not say it is okay to do what you want no matter whether it harms another person.

Skashion said:
Castiel said:
I feel you're confusing a theory with reality. If the state doesn't police the people, then who does? People stronger than other people. A natural order much like you see in the 3rd world would emerge. I have seen this first hand. I'm not concerned with how it sounds in theory, that is the reality and unless you can change human nature, it will remain the reality. The same reality that Communism fails on account of human greed.
You can make that criticism of anarchism and communism by all means. You can also make that criticism of countries where laws do exist. They're still enforced by people who are stronger than others. It doesn't mean you can get away with claiming it says something it doesn't. Anarchism does not say it is okay to do what you want no matter whether it harms another person.
It was all an opinion to begin with, I did make that clear. I think its a terrible idea because of the points I've mentioned of how it ends up working in reality (mainly because of state negligence). Granted, to my knowledge, its never been implemented correctly as a political philosophy by a country so nobody could know - but as I've already said, I think its an insane idea, regardless of how sound the theory is. You may think its the best idea since sliced bread and be equally valid since nobody has tried it. Really didn't intend for that comment to get so out of hand.

Castiel said:
It was all an opinion to begin with, I did make that clear. I think its a terrible idea because of the points I've mentioned of how it ends up working in reality (mainly because of state negligence). Granted, to my knowledge, its never been implemented correctly as a political philosophy by a country so nobody could know - but as I've already said, I think its an insane idea, regardless of how sound the theory is. You may think its the best idea since sliced bread and be equally valid since nobody has tried it. Really didn't intend for that comment to get so out of hand.
I have no problems with anything you've just said there. I just had an issue because you made a statement that anarchists believe something that they don't. You can still say the theory is flawed without making a false claim about it. An anarchist would never say murder is okay, or rape, because they've taken someone's liberty away - which is what they say the state does. Both would be equally evil to an anarchist for the same reason.

I don't think it's a great idea or a sound theory. I describe myself as a libertarian rather than anarcho because I think a state should continue to exist, a smaller and far less authoritarian one, but it should continue to exist.

Castiel said:
strongbowholic said:
I hear what you are saying, but still don't get it. Right wing politics is nothing to do with preserving traditional social structure. I can understand any culture wanting to protect its traditions and identity (Loyalism, Orange-ism, Irish Nationalism, Feinian-ism to name just a few on the doorstep!) but the politics of the right is something quite different.
No thats exactly what it is. You're probably too used to associating it with extremes, just like a lot of people associate Islam with extremes in this day and age. I assure you right wing philosophies are just "conservatism", a very long stretch from Nationalism or even Nazism.
Ok, we'll agree to disagree. I understand right wing politics and both conservatism and Conservatism and to me it just doesn't sit comfortably.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.