Anti Virus and Firewall

Walshy

OK I know we have had a number of threads about this already, which I have read and taken in the tips.

My Norton Internet Security is about to expire, and I have to admit it has caused me a few problems, and slowed my machine down.

So, I am now planning to use :-

AVG - Anti Virus
Spybot Search and Destroy - Spyware
Adaware - Spyware

I have a Netgear firewall router so I wasn't going to bother with any software firewall.

Anything else I should consider ?

For me Norton slowed down my computer somethign rotten, I uninstalled that and installed AVG free adition (anti-virus) and Zonealarm free edition (firewall) both have been excellent. Run relatively low on memory and do the job superbly. Never had any troubles with virus' or spyware etc.

AVG or Avast for antivirus, Comodo(free) for firewall, way ahaed of free Zonealarm and in tests is as good as Zonealarm Pro.

BTW its definatly worth having a software firewall as well as it offers a different sort of protection to your router/firewall. As an analogy your router will stop anything opening the door from the outside, a decent software firewall will alert you if something tries to open the door from the inside.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.