Antoine Griezmann?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the reports in Mirror today is true, that money is no object this summer, then we should throw everything at this kid.

Apparently has a release clause of 60m, he's left footed, fast as fuck, can play either wing and play through the middle when Aguero is injured.

Scores goals for fun, he's 25, outstanding technique, he'd be absolutely perfect for us. Hopefully he might be getting bored of defending the edge of his own box for 85 minutes and fancies a change of scene. Who knows, but if Pep's got a blank cheque book, he should be going all in for him.
No chance we'll have a blank cheque book. I'm sure the transfer kitty will be substantial but it's definitely going to be finite. Reading through the Pogba thread it seems we're unable to afford him and are more likely to spend £30-40m's on 3-5 players than £60-100m's on a couple.

Saying that I do agree we need a forward who can play in multiple positions, rather than a striker to sit on the bench. Aubameyang/Griezmann/Sanchez the three big name ones that spring to mind, but all seem pretty unobtainable unless for silly money which I'm not convinced we'll spend.

No chance we'll have a blank cheque book. I'm sure the transfer kitty will be substantial but it's definitely going to be finite. Reading through the Pogba thread it seems we're unable to afford him and are more likely to spend £30-40m's on 3-5 players than £60-100m's on a couple.

Saying that I do agree we need a forward who can play in multiple positions, rather than a striker to sit on the bench. Aubameyang/Griezmann/Sanchez the three big name ones that spring to mind, but all seem pretty unobtainable unless for silly money which I'm not convinced we'll spend.

City can afford to buy whoever Mansour wants but FFP means they have to work to a budget; that budget can be stretched by buying young(ish) players and having them sign long contracts.

City can afford to buy whoever Mansour wants but FFP means they have to work to a budget; that budget can be stretched by buying young(ish) players and having them sign long contracts.

The Chinese investment virtually makes FFP a non entity for us ....add in the incoming premiership tv deal and outgoing transfers too...that is why Pep has been told spend what you need

Fuck Pep.
Not sure why Pep would not rate him. In my humble opinion he would be one of the best acquisitions out there at present. If he is on the move and we are serious about been a serious contender over the next few years we should be in for him unless of course we have even bigger fish to fry.

Unbelievable player.

Aguero, Griezmann and De Bruyne as a front three with Pep as manager - that's Champion League winning quality.

Sadly I don't think Griezmann will leave Atletico, but I'd love him here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.