Any Anime/Manga fans here?

About 5 years ago, I remember James Cameron bleating on about making a manga film and the one he was going on about was "Battle Angel: Alita" (now called "Alita: Battle Angel"!) Obviously, since then, "Ghost in the Shell" is about to drop, so Cameron clearly didn't have the CGI capable of doing what he wanted.

Apparently Robert Rodriguez is attached as director and it's due out next year.

It could be interesting... IF they stick to character origins.

*edit: it's been Americanised, of course.

And delay was also due to the "Avatar" sequels.

I never got into Ghost in The Shell but a few mates of mine love it and one mate of mine who is a huge fan is expecting the Hollywood film to be an absolute shambles!

Not sure what Alita is either, but think I'll look it up!

I'm after some Xmas shopping advice.

My daughter(15) is a huge anime fan. I know she loves Death Note and Attack on Titan as well as Food Wars and one where they play volleyball?

But I'm after some good Manga books as I know she's recently read the Blue Exorcist series and loved it.

So any good Manga recommendations would be much appreciated.

I'm after some Xmas shopping advice.

My daughter(15) is a huge anime fan. I know she loves Death Note and Attack on Titan as well as Food Wars and one where they play volleyball?

But I'm after some good Manga books as I know she's recently read the Blue Exorcist series and loved it.

So any good Manga recommendations would be much appreciated.

Full Metal Alchemist was alright. I'm not into any anime these days but I enjoyed that at an age when I was older than 15

Anime...there are many great anime series out there.

I will always recommend "One Piece" for any one who wants to watch anime. It is my favorite anime. It started airing around 2000 (I think, based on my memory!) and is still on-going.
It is one of the best animes in handling "fillers" (i.e. story that is not in original Manga/script); unlike Naruto's fillers which are usually lame and kills the interest in the series.

Naruto and Naruto Shippuden are still recommended for watching (if you know the fillers' episodes, you can think of skipping them and to concentrate on the original story)

If you like swords/samurai anime; then I would recommend "Rurouni Kenshin" and "Samurai Shamploo".

If you are looking for sports-based anime, then: Hajime no Ippo (Boxing), One Outs (Baseball), Cross Game (Baseball), Eyeshield 21 (American Football), Slam Dunk (Basketball), Capeta (Kart racing/racing) & Prince of Tennis (Obviously Tennis!).

If you are looking for Robots/Mecha anime; then you might try watching a Gundam series. For a Super robot anime, you can try GaoGaiGar.

Other notable series that come to my mind are: Fullmetal Alchemist, Full Metal Panic, Bleach, Fairy Tail.

Hope this help; enjoy!

Well, next week will be the adaption of the Manga 1000 in the anime, which will be pretty Epic

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.