any car mechanics here ?

sky tot

ive got a old vauxhall astra ,which i cant get the water jets working on my front and rear windscreen blades.i recently had trouble with with some fuses blowing resulting in my petrol gauges/ temp gauges not working (sorted now)
anyone shed any light on this problem before i take it in to a garage ?

sky tot said:
ive got a old vauxhall astra ,which i cant get the water jets working on my front and rear windscreen blades.i recently had trouble with with some fuses blowing resulting in my petrol gauges/ temp gauges not working (sorted now)

The obvious one is to check you have water in there ?? ;-)

Check to see if the motors and pump are working.

If its making a sound when you press the button, it could just be a blockage. If its totally dead, check all the fuses. If still nothing, you need to get the pump changed. Just go to a scrap yard, pick one up for £10 or so. Cost about £10-15 to get it changed.

SosaFC said:
sky tot said:

The obvious one is to check you have water in there ?? ;-)

Check to see if the motors and pump are working.

If its making a sound when you press the button, it could just be a blockage. If its totally dead, check all the fuses. If still nothing, you need to get the pump changed. Just go to a scrap yard, pick one up for £10 or so. Cost about £10-15 to get it changed.
And if it's a broken wire you wasted a tenner!!!

If that back one works you can turn the motor around to use on the front. If will be less powerful than before but I did it on a Corsa once as it was not worth spending money on it as I was going to get rid.

cheers fellas for your advice.
its got plenty of water in it.
ans corky ,the back jet doesn`t work either.

sky tot said:
cheers fellas for your advice.
its got plenty of water in it.
ans corky ,the back jet doesn`t work either.
can you here the motor running?

cant really tell mate,
every time i pull the lever to squirt water ,the windscreen wipers automatically start,and that noise is all i can hear.im shit with cars .
i need to keep the car for 1 more year if i can ,this is when we finish paying for the wifes car.
then im thinking of getting a small van.
i use a really good small mechanic firm in stockport ,think irl take it in to them.

sky tot said:
cant really tell mate,
every time i pull the lever to squirt water ,the windscreen wipers automatically start,and that noise is all i can hear.im shit with cars .
i need to keep the car for 1 more year if i can ,this is when we finish paying for the wifes car.
then im thinking of getting a small van.
i use a really good small mechanic firm in stockport ,think irl take it in to them.
Get a mate to press it so you can listen in the engine bay. if nothing and the fuses are ok take it
to them, they can check your getting power to the pump then if you don't want to pay there labour do as sosafc suggest
and go to the scrap yard and fit it yourself. Some of them can be a **** to do depending on where your washer bottle is, you might have to get behind the wheel arch. So hope you don't mind getting a bit dirty!!!

This happened to me. Had put to much windscreen wash in the bottle, it was to thick to get pumped to the screen. I syphoned some out and topped up with water. Hope this helps.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.