Any Rosies Bar (RIP) regulars on here?

The Ghost Of Swales

We used to go there every saturday night in the early to mid 90's.

A great bar with a decent DJ and full of Blues.

Anyone else have a misspent youth?

The Ghost Of Swales said:
We used to go there every saturday night in the mid 90's.

A great bar with a decent DJ and full of Blues.

Anyone else have a misspent youth?

Yeah man, used to love it in there. The dj was a star, played anything that was good at the time, it was all The smith's, Roses, James etc. I was in there the night OldBill steamed in squirting cs gas everywhere for no fucking reason as well.

Had some really, really good nights in there. It's a fucking O'Briens now isn't it?

On our rare excursions into town on a Saturday night,when I had more hair and less gut, me and the missus used to end up in there quite frequently. They always used to play the seahorses when I was in, or did he play requests? Cos that would explain it cos was prob me requesting it. Happy Days

Showing my age here, but I was a regular in there in the early 80's, well before it had a DJ.....Was always a good little bar though, lot of Blues in. Anyone remember the nearby bar, The Trafalgar? Had a 'Wine Bar' downstairs.

Fuck me I feel old
Remember that used to be my pre-Apollo/Academy gig bar, as the music was awesome
Mustn't have been Rosie's for about 10 years now?

unclebatman said:
Fuck me I feel old
Remember that used to be my pre-Apollo/Academy gig bar, as the music was awesome
Mustn't have been Rosie's for about 10 years now?

Yeah, it was 97 I think when it shut down. I know because I'd just started this shit job in hull that lasted about three months so i was away a lot at the time. It sticks out in my head though because that night the cops raided it my mate got nicked for chucking his pint at a copper! Funny at the time but they tried to send down him for it. It got a bit heavy for him at the time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.