Any Vets on here ?

Glenda MCFC

Just noticed a small lump on my dogs chest, have googled it and states could be a "benign lump" ? Doesn't seem to be bothering him and he doesn't seem poorley but it doesn't feel nice. Can't take him to the vets till Monday but its worrying me. Been in hospital all week so I don't know how long it's been there, certaintly wasn't there last week ! Any ideas please ?

The Invisible_Man said:
Could be anything from an infection, to a cyst or cancer.

Yes, could be a million and one things. The vet will give you some coloured water for your dog, charge you about £40, but the lump will go down. Sorted.

Glenda MCFC said:
blue47766 said:
The Invisible_Man said:
Could be anything from an infection, to a cyst or cancer.

Yes, could be a million and one things. The vet will give you some coloured water for your dog, charge you about £40, but the lump will go down. Sorted.

Coloured water ?? please explain

When I've took a pet in thats what the medicine looks like. Sorry, just my sense of humour. Get the dog in on monday, get the dog sorted and your mind put at ease. Tell us how you get on.

Had my dog into the vet recently for the same thing. She cut the lump out, sent it off , Benign, turned out it was just hair growing back into the skin. Good result. Hope you get the same.

I just spoke to my wife, she is a veterinary nurse.

Could be pretty much anything but couple things she mentioned,
if its a girl dog and the lump is a little lower (near belly) could be umbilical tumor, higher up could be mammory tumor.
If the dog is older, maybe a age thing, but obviously, bring the dog to a vet to be checked

my dog had a small lump near her nipple for about 12 months. I noticed it had got bigger so we went to the vet and had it chopped off. No tests on lump because we didn't wanna know if it was cancerous.

2 days later she's running around like a 2 year old again (she's 10). I should've had the lump removed sooner as i realised how much it must have been affecting her. I just thought she was slowing down because of age.

Anyroad, £300 and 6 months later she's doing fine.

slippyinthetackle.jpg

Newlunar said:
Has he been on any interplanetary space missions at any time and returned with an alien life form attached to his face that fell off and died with no obvious ill effects to him?

By the way, I'm not a vet or a space expert.

What you on ??? Obviously not this planet !! thanks for your Dr Who theory ..

Anyway, took Mickey to the vets and he's cut the lump out and sent it for a biopsy. Thankfully he reckons it's just a cyst and nothing to worry about but obviously wait to wait on the results of that. Thanks for the responses guys (apart from Newlunar obviously ha ha)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.