Anybody know 'old musicians' who think everybody they played with was a 'game changer' ?"

I know what you are on about, and yes, I know old musicians who receive royalty payments from PRS and they are all sound people.

Years ago, I played in bands and there was usually one such person as you describe.

Overbearing egotistical maniacs with limited ability that had raised voices.

It goes with the territory.

I was just happy to play along and have some fun, but they always had to have the last word.

I gave up playing in bands years ago as I wasn't really that bothered about becoming a star, but I've got my keyboards and stuff at home and I enjoy playing as much as I ever did. Enjoyment for me is the key, and I can play whatever I want without the inquisition.

Playing music is the most calming thing I do. I've never tried Yoga or whatever because I don't think I have to.

Spending a few hours tickling the ivories empties my mind, and that's all that matters to me these days.

It's a great way to relax.

I agree about the therapeutic quality of playing music. I also enjoy the older guys tales, vast majority are sound, there is a smattering of the type I described above though.

He got papped for getting tetchy and insulting, not because he was talking shite. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.