Anyone been to Turkey this year?

cyberblue

Turkey has had some big problems the last couple of years,mainly on the border with Syria and also Ankara & Istanbul. The country though is massive and most tourists wont have a sniff of trouble and will have a great time

Strangely enough I was in the Bank this afternoon and someone I know had just asked for a load of Euros as they fly out tomorrow morning.Big no no for me I`m afraid and I don`t give a rats arse about "letting the terrorists win".
Fuck it the bastards have beaten me and the family then.I wont lose any sleep over that statement from anyone.Family always comes first no matter what.

lol no fucking chance, what about when they pick a resort and go blasting? no way would i go to a country in such volatile flux.
The missus paid for my 65th birthday treat to Egypt last year and we decided to cancel that holiday.Love the place Guy but another no no area,i`m afraid.Thankfully she only lost the small deposit and we re-scheduled to Cuba,without any fears.

Turkey has had some big problems the last couple of years,mainly on the border with Syria and also Ankara & Istanbul. The country though is massive and most tourists wont have a sniff of trouble and will have a great time
Do you work for the Turkish tourist board?

Not been . Will never go.

The missus paid for my 65th birthday treat to Egypt last year and we decided to cancel that holiday.Love the place Guy but another no no area,i`m afraid.Thankfully she only lost the small deposit and we re-scheduled to Cuba,without any fears.

I don't blame you at all. If i went and i found myself ducking bullets i would be beyond livid with myself, i'd kick the shit out of me if i could tbh.
I read about Cuba's proactive health care system, seems these buggers are well on the up nowadays.

I went for two weeks last month, you would never know that anything was going on, it is a lot quieter than normal due to people being wary about it and cancelling.

I can honestly say that i feel safer walking round Turkey than i do in Manchester, i have been for the last 6 years and the people are fantastic, i have never felt any worry about going and love the place.

That said i can understand why people who haven't been before are not giving it a go after seeing everything in the media, to be fair i would be more worried about going to France rather than Turkey.

Turkey is a massive place and we stay around 400 miles away from Istanbul and the resort where we stay is around a mile inland and maybe 2 miles from the main strip, so the chances of being anywhere near any trouble are very very small.

I can honestly say that i feel safer walking round Turkey than i do in Manchester, i have been for the last 6 years and the people are fantastic, i have never felt any worry about going and love the place.

For how long have you lived in Turkey vs how long have you lived in Manchester?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.