Anyone been to Turkey this year?

It's the truth. People I know who say they like Turkey have invariably only visited Istanbul (admittedly it's an incredible city) or the Med resorts.

Having spent over a year in total in other parts of Turkey I can say without doubt it was a fucking dump and the only time the locals were friendly was when they were after your money.
Each to there own been coming for 18 years had my own place for 3 spend 10 months of the year out here .love every minute of it people so friendly. food very cheap weather fantastic .dont no what there is not to like.you must have been based in some right godforsaken place to hate it that much.all i can say is not every bit of Turkey is how you found it

we went in June. outstanding. would go back tomorrow.

Nice place

Bill, I'm staying there next month, is it really as good as the reviews suggest ? Ta :)

Totally forgot about this thread and stumbled on it when searching for something else

We're going to Side late August into September, the Side Star Elegance, which is just up the road from the hotel you were at Bill

Back in June .... Our regular place, Dalyan. Have been to and like many others, Gocek, Side, Kayakoy, and a few more, but always return to Dalyan.

Was top of our list of places to long term rent and retire to, but sadly I think by then Erdogan will have his way, and Turkey will no longer be secular (Ataturk will be spinning) and will be under that cult's rule ....

Totally forgot about this thread and stumbled on it when searching for something else

We're going to Side late August into September, the Side Star Elegance, which is just up the road from the hotel you were at Bill

Still be very hot late August,liked Side when we went about 9 years ago.
We go to Turkey at least once every year.

Going to Belek again in late September.
Taking our grandson so don't want it too hot.

I think I'd rather rub shit into my eyeballs than have a holiday in turkey
I didn't enjoy the place. Admittedly it was about 15 years ago, but the holiday and the attitude of the locals was a feckin' car-crash, so I think I'm entitled to hold a bit of a grudge.

I'm changing at Istanbul for both Belgrade and Tbilisi. Can I cross Turkey off the list as a country visited?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.