Anyone just see the Chelsea/Everton game?

Simon Le Tom

Absolutely quality! i don't know how Everton didn't score (finished 0-0 btw) but really, really good game!!

It's a testament to the team Boggle eyes has been allowed to mould there...he started shit, really shit - they nearly got relegated before they were pushing top 4, given time (and a lot less money than Hughes has) he made them a team of winners.

They've shown continuity and kept him in when times were tough. It's a sign that we can do the same.

Couldn't agree more, knee jerk panicky reactions are no way to run a successful football club imo.

Simon Le Tom said:
It's a testament to the team Boggle eyes has been allowed to mould there...he started shit, really shit - they nearly got relegated before they were pushing top 4, given time (and a lot less money than Hughes has) he made them a team of winners.

He got 4 wins and a draw from his first 7 games after taking over, it got them from likely relegation to 15th.

Everton finished 7th in his first full season.

He showed from the outset that he was capable, I think they had a dip in his second full season, but he already had runs on the board.

one could only hope

i will refrain from passing judgment or stating opinion till the end of the season

while i also believe it is hard to mould a team and what not, last years team was also inherited by a new manager and had multiple new signings that did not take as long as this lot to gel

again, while i am unhappy at my team's current position, i will wait till the end of the season and hope for a few quality wins along the way

Falling Star said:
I saw it, yes a good game.

Out of interest did anyone disagree with the Terry red card?

What's the odds it'll get rescinded?

Simon Le Tom said:
Absolutely quality! i don't know how Everton didn't score (finished 0-0 btw) but really, really good game!!

They've shown continuity and kept him in when times were tough. It's a sign that we can do the same.

He had shit players when he took over and not the calibre of Robinho, Ireland, SWP, Kompany ect. He had Alan Stubbs, Duncan Ferguson, Richard Gough, Jesper Blomqvist.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.