Anyone recommend me 4K tv?

You can't notice the difference between HD and 4K sitting a normal distance from the TV (not that you can get anything else these days). OLED on the other hand is a technology that makes the image look way better. The dynamic range is way better than a standard TV and that's the biggest indicator of video quality.

Probably not quite in your budget yet though. But personally, I'd stick with a normal HD one until the price of these come down, because you'll actually notice the difference.

Okay, just noticed that your current TV broke, so yeah, get a new one, I guess.

Yep that's my position right now. I bought a real high end 1080P Sony Bravia a few years back now and paid thousands for it but even now, the picture quality is absolutely top drawer and i can't fault it and when i've seen a 4k tv, i just think its no better than what ive got and often even worse but the OLED tv is stunning and will be my upgrade as and when the price drops.

I bought my LG OLED for £1,500 earlier this year from Richer Sounds. Its the 2016 model and they have a 2017 model now so you can probably get it closer to your 1k budget now. IMO it's the best telly you can get for your budget, you can get it with or without a curve (mine is curved and its superb, the curve is quite minimal compared to other tvs). I have the OLED55C6V, the one without the curve is OLED55B6V, it plays Dolby Vision through Netflix and looks SUPERB. Gaming lag is minimal if you put the gaming option on and turn all the motion crap off.

Avoid Sony tv with android os. Has a mind of its own.

Thank you my friend
I've been browsing this thread with interest as I'm in the market for a new telly, but nothing above £700
@Taxi mentioned Tech radar and a search on their site has ten great deals, including this which I was seriously considering

So in light of that one being crap and now ruled out, which from the other recommendations on this link would anyone say look deeeecent!
remember my budget and 40" is big enough

http://www.techradar.com/news/television/hdtv/cheap-tvs-and-tv-deals-1171772

Thank you my friend
I've been browsing this thread with interest as I'm in the market for a new telly, but nothing above £700
@Taxi mentioned Tech radar and a search on their site has ten great deals, including this which I was seriously considering

So in light of that one being crap and now ruled out, which from the other recommendations on this link would anyone say look deeeecent!
remember my budget and 40" is big enough

http://www.techradar.com/news/television/hdtv/cheap-tvs-and-tv-deals-1171772

Mate, I have sworn by Sony TV's for the last 15 years and other than this last one they have been brilliant. The one I have now has a unbelievable 4k picture but the underlying android os is just so random - it reboots every time I switch on, sometimes when the tv is switched off. Drops the wired internet connection when it feels a bit off. Have read similar problems experienced by others. When I researched last year LG, Sony and Samsung were all good and I plumped for the sony just because of my experience with the last 3. Good tv's, I just wish they would bin Android.

You can get lcds that will give the same hdr performance as OLEDs, it depends how light your room is as well, peak brightness is a lot higher in LCDs. Also on what the use is, there are pros and cons to each.

The Samsung qled is no better than their model last year. I’d wait for that to drop in price considerably before considering it.

£700 the Sony xe70 or 80 ot the Samsung mu series. There is one good LG at that price too, depends if you want wide viewing angles or not.

I bought my LG OLED for £1,500 earlier this year from Richer Sounds. Its the 2016 model and they have a 2017 model now so you can probably get it closer to your 1k budget now. IMO it's the best telly you can get for your budget, you can get it with or without a curve (mine is curved and its superb, the curve is quite minimal compared to other tvs). I have the OLED55C6V, the one without the curve is OLED55B6V, it plays Dolby Vision through Netflix and looks SUPERB. Gaming lag is minimal if you put the gaming option on and turn all the motion crap off.
Look really good them mate..but can’t find the flat screen one for less than £1700?

Good find...what’s the difference between QLed vs Oled....lol....not bloody easy buying a new tele these days lol...

As far as I'm aware OLED is better for dark colours and QLED for brights. I have an OLED (mainly used for gaming and films) and would recommend to anyone. I haven't seen a QLED in the flesh so can't speak from experience, only what I've read and heard.

This is the best explantion I've seen so hopefully it helps you. https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/qled-vs-oled-tv/

Two things I would say are to prioritise quality over quantity, i.e. picture over size and most importantly don't rush into the decision. Good luck with your search.

Good find...what’s the difference between QLed vs Oled....lol....not bloody easy buying a new tele these days lol...

QLED is still LCD with a Quantum dot filter in front for better colours. Still has most LCD problems.
OLED is self emitting tech meaning it can go totally black with no grey glow/viewing angle problems.

For gaming i would actually go LCD/LED/QLED as the colours will still pop and you won't have problems with screen burn with hours of static images.

For the best image though, go OLED. Care needs to be taken with excessive static images, otherwise the picture will blow you away.

I've recently bought a LG OLED C7 4k (£1500) and it is simply the best image possible. The blacks and colours are stunning. 4k HDR footage (including UHD footy) is mind bending.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.