Anyone Remember John Benson ? (Pro Hughes thread)

CtidBlueMooner

The joke was they only appointed him as replacement for John Bond so that they didn't have to change the initials on the Manager's Tracksuit.
The point I'm making is this club is crying out for stability. Last season was a transition season and because we then sacked Sven, this season as a result will be exactly the same. We have the nucleus of a very good team but sacking Hughes right now is a knee jerk reaction to some poor performances by individual PLAYERS.
Or better still, let's sack him and take our choice from Souness, Harry bassett or George Graham....because if you think any TOP Manager would come to us right now (Mourinho, Hiddink etc) you are just dreaming.
Personally, i have waited 32 years for success....and prepared if necessary to wait 1 or 2 more years so that we make sure we get it right.
Commence slagging off now.....

I thought that was a marvellous song of his ... 'the greatest love of all'!

CtidBlueMooner said:
The joke was they only appointed him as replacement for John Bond so that they didn't have to change the initials on the Manager's Tracksuit.
The point I'm making is this club is crying out for stability. Last season was a transition season and because we then sacked Sven, this season as a result will be exactly the same. We have the nucleus of a very good team but sacking Hughes right now is a knee jerk reaction to some poor performances by individual PLAYERS.
Or better still, let's sack him and take our choice from Souness, Harry bassett or George Graham....because if you think any TOP Manager would come to us right now (Mourinho, Hiddink etc) you are just dreaming.
Personally, i have waited 32 years for success....and prepared if necessary to wait 1 or 2 more years so that we make sure we get it right.
very well said

I have no doubt top managers will be attracted to the club, so you can forget the names youve listed.

I also think stability for the sake of stability is pointless. Get the right person in charge to take us forward. If that is Hughes fine. If its not then we shouldnt be frightened of making a change. Personally, I doubt he has what it takes but am prepared to wait a little longer to see if he can turn things around.

There will be no shortage of candidates but not while most of the top teams are still in European competition. I still think we've only got half a decent squad at best and that Hughes deserves the chance to show that he can buy the other half and work with them.

We sing "32 years and we're still here" so we can wait another 1 or 2. But we know it's coming.

CtidBlueMooner said:

As far as I can see most of Hughes detractors have the memories of a gold fish and don't realise that sacking managers every five minutes is a bad idea.

moomba said:
I have no doubt top managers will be attracted to the club, so you can forget the names youve listed.

I also think stability for the sake of stability is pointless. Get the right person in charge to take us forward. If that is Hughes fine. If its not then we shouldnt be frightened of making a change. Personally, I doubt he has what it takes but am prepared to wait a little longer to see if he can turn things around.

I agree with this and think it's fair enough, although attracting the right manager mid-season is unlikely IMO (THE RIGHT MANAGER IS MOURINHO!!!!)

Why the hell bring that idiot Benson up? What has he got to do with our current situation?

IMO your post is indicative of the mentality spelled out by Robi linking us with the loosers that you mention

Stability is always the cry but just look at the successful clubs in Europe and stability is not the reason for their success!

Not that I'm advocating that Hughes should go, but its not the sacking thats wrong its the appointment in the first place eg Blackburn with Ince they got it wrong and now they have put it right?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.