Apathy about upcoming England games?

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Big Swifty, 8 Nov 2017.

1. Kinkladze 1

Kinkladze 1

Nail on head

2. Kinkladze 1

Kinkladze 1

Bang on.

3. CityInWashingtonState

CityInWashingtonState

If something were on the line - qualification for the world cup, for example, then these matches would be awesome.

With world cup qualification finished and nothing on the line, these matches are filler - maybe start with a full strength squad but don't risk anything and then bring on fringe players to see if they might improve the squad.

Since nothing is on the line - quality of play is automatically diminished. And once fringe players are brought on - yes they'll want to impress - quality will further erode.

Managers could care less who wins - and players too - it's mostly about testing fringe players with a bit of squad practice in the mix.
    ======
    So yes, little interest - but I'd much rather watch England v. Brazil or Germany as opposed to some of the other fare on offer.
    ======
    TL/DR - World Cup qualification finished for England. Unless you're a die hard England fan who wants to see fringe players.... these friendlies are bound not to be exciting.

Personally - I can't wait for the next P/L fixtures.

(I'm from the USA though and so may have a different perspective - nonetheless, I route for USA first in World Cups (of course), and then England.

4. Super David Silva 21

Super David Silva 21

Possible 11 tonight, we know Pickford starts and Dier is captain.

Pickford, Trippier, Stones, Jones, Maguire, Rose, Dier (C), Livermore, Loftus-Cheek, Vardy, Abraham

Moaners going to moan but giving it a thought these kids will want to earn a place in the squad for the world cup, good to see some fresh faces in there than the same old.

5. inchy14

inchy14

stunned, dazed and still can't quite believe it!!
    Rashford will get the ball past the fullback by leathering it up the field and then do him for pace and even though he isn't playing Sterling will be criticised for not doing the same thing enough when he plays, he'll also get a mention if someone dives. (not if it's Rashford though). Bookmark this because it'll happen tonight.

6. inchy14

inchy14

stunned, dazed and still can't quite believe it!!
    5-0 to Germany if that's the line up, then the kids confidence will be shattered by the mauling they'll get in the press.

Fuck me Jake Livermore and Harry Macguire!!

7. nimrod

nimrod

For me the people in charge have fucked up time & time again
    Woy, Southgate, Fat Sam..............really? Yes men and one trick ponies.
    I bet Gary fucking Neville coulda had it too if he so wanted.

Imagine playing in Peps team then turning up for Southgate !

England have some decent players but as usual the swill at the top fuck it up.

Also they had the chance to build the national stadium in the Midlands, making it accessible to all..... but no, it had to be in London.

8. Trevor Morley's Tache

Trevor Morley's Tache

Doing stuff
    In Fat Sam's case a no-trick donkey.

9. Juan King

Juan King

I'm not really keen on international football or the national team. I might watch it if Leroy & Stones are both playing though. These breaks are a pain in the arse, I'd rather be watching them both play for City.

10. ganganvince

ganganvince

Production supervisor
    They will compare his commitment to that of Rashford who would play through the pain barrier whilst Sterling goes shopping. Or something like that.